029: last one standing

twenty nine

twenty nine . . . last one standing
( february 21, 2150 — arkadia )

 last one standing( february 21, 2150 — arkadia )

          "BECCA'S JOURNAL IS amazing." Said Raven, everybody bar Bellamy, who was driving, turning to look at her. "At twenty-six, she found a pathway to access a human mind. That same year she had to lock up A.L.I.E. because her answer for what was wrong with the world was too many people. She was twenty-seven when it launched the bombs."

Clarke turned to her. "What did she write about the flame?"

"A.L.I.E. 2.0. She saw it as a way to atone for her sins. She designed it to not just access a human mind, but to merge with one. It could never wipe us out because it would be one of us. She would put it in herself first, alter her genes so her body wouldn't reject the implant."

"Bekka Pramheda, the first Commander." Said Clarke from beside Monty. "The gene therapy made her blood black, didn't it?"

Cullen tensed up, her eyes darting across to Bellamy, who had the same idea to look across to her. Out of everybody in the rover, Bellamy and Monty were the only ones who knew about Cullen's black blood, and after hearing Clarke's question, she wished to keep it that way; Bellamy, too — he saw the fear in Cullen's eyes, and he could feel it himself. She was only frightened that whatever her blood meant, it would be something dangerous, and though she knew if she was near Bellamy, nothing would harm her, the very thing that could do her damage was sitting in Clarke's pocket.

"Yeah." Raven answered.

"How did you know that?" Octavia asked, looking to Clarke.

"Nightblood." Said Clarke, the word pricking Cullen and Bellamy's ears. "That's where it came from. Somehow it became hereditary. Luna has it. That's why we have to find her. If she can access A.L.I.E. 2—"

"Then she can tell us how to stop A.L.I.E. 1." Octavia finished.

"Bekka Pramheda gets her second chance at atonement." Sinclair stated dauntingly.

"Get back to the mind pathway." Monty was focused solely on the chip in between his fingers, trying to figure it out. "If A.L.I.E. uses it to upload our minds to the City of Light, then there's a chance my Mom's still alive."