chapter 2🌀

Kunle

"Dad, I am done with those Russian investors," I said, walking past my dad who's eyes remained glued to his favourite family series. The Johnson's.

"What again?"

I seated next to him with a frown and exhaled. "They just decided they don't want to invest anymore but want to buy my hotel."

"Do you want to sell?"

"Never!"

He switched the channel to NTA. "Good, I would have strangled you right now if you had said yes." He turned with a smile that made my lips spread. "I entrusted you with my business son, I am sure you are knowledgeable on actions to take... I trust you."

Immediately, he placed the remote on the center table, stood and stretched his body.

"I called off the engagement," I said, seizing the opportunity to change the topic to my crashed relationship.

He turned to me, his hands still stretched out. "I don't think you know what to do when it comes to relationships. In fact, I don't think you know anything about relationship. I mean business, I can trust you with, but not relationship."

Sitting back beside me he continued, "Anyway, I knew you guys were never going to last and if your mum was alive, she will tell you the same thing, that girl laughs like a hyena."

My lips parted as my anger switched to surprise. "You are not helping matters Dad."

"What do you want me to say? I never approved of that relationship and you know that." He tapped my hands as a grin aligned his lips.

"Plus I don't want my grandchildren laughing like that," He continued, this time making faces and laughing.

Unable to cage down the roar of laughter in my chest, joined him.

"I am sorry son. I love you, you know that right?" He asked, patting my shoulders.

"I know sir."

"So to brighten your mood, I am taking you out."

Instantly I stood, ready to leave. "No, no dad."

"I have a feeling you are avoiding spending time with me."

Oh yes.

Ever since Mum died two years ago, Dad created this illusion of living his life to the fullest, which included doing things only teenagers are meant to do, not responsible old men of over 60 years.

"Dad you know it's not like that, I-"

"Just say yes son, you won't regret it."

"Yes?" I said, more like a question than an answer.

***

"I swear, I already regret this," I blurted, disappointed as he parked the car in front of a club called "Diva".

"Who brings his son to a strip club Dad?"

"You more like my paddy...and of course my son."

"Plus, a wise man once said the best way to forget a woman is seeing another woman," he added.

"Dad!"

"Son, I'm just trying to help."

I opened the passenger's door ready to leave the ungodly environment. "I am going home."

"Come on, Kunle."

I turned, staring at Dad in his grey suit, he was unbelievable.

"Why are we really here? you are a grown man."