chapter 5🦄

Grace

I knew the names were similar, but never in my life had I imagined it to be owned by the same person, Neither had I also imagined working in the company or being the personal assistant to its owner.

I scrolled down the googled pictures of the company, as the taxi took me to my destination.

His name, boldly written under his picture, Kunle Rotimi Babatunde, inherited the company and three hotels from his Dad, Sharon inclusive. He studied business management at Lagos State University and proceeded to the United States for his master's. According to the internet, he was just 27 years old.

The picture of the old man from the club was attached with a beautiful old lady, he was a spitting image of her.

I scrolled down, tapped on his name, and more pictures displayed on my screen, one with a very fair beautiful slim lady who looked like a model.

Of course, he will be dating a supermodel, how does she handle his ego? I thought.

I scrolled down and read the write up underneath the picture, he was engaged to this beauty queen.

Shaking my head, I scrolled further again and more pictures of him came up.

How come I've not seen him on TV? I thought.

"Madam, you dey talk to me?" The taxi driver asked. I stared at him shocked, I never intended saying those words out loud.

"No oga, no vex,"  I said, turning my attention back to my phone.

"All this youth, na so madness dey start," I heard the driver said.

I ignored him and looked out the window while he drove through the street of Lagos. I checked my phone, I had just 15mintues to be in the office before I got fired.

"Why are you slowing down?"

"Hold up is at the front, I won use short cut," The driver answered, turning the steering wheel.

"Ok." I looked out the window as he did a U-turn.

Few minutes later, the car came to a standstill in front of the huge building. I paid the taxi driver and ran into the building not minding my heels.

"Sorry Miss, we have to search you, before you proceed into the building," A security officer said at the entrance gate.

"Ok, but I'm already late."

"Sorry Miss, it's a standard procedure, it won't take a minute," He said, using the scanner to scan my body and bag.

Seconds later, I ran into the reception area, breathing heavily not minding the curious look from the receptionist.

"Please can you direct me to the boss's office?"

"Do you have an appointment?" She inquired, narrowing her eyes and lifting her nose in an irritated manner.

What is wrong with this one? I thought.

"He knows I'm waiting for him," I answered, ignoring her attitude.

"So no appointment? sorry, you can't see him." She turned back to her system.

It was 7:30 am and more staff were trooping into the building.

I took out my phone, moved away from her desk and dialled Kunle's number, he picked before the second ring.

"I'm at the reception desk sir, she said I can't come in to see you without an appointment."