Chapter - 2

"Come play with me!" Sasuke said in glee while pulling his new best friend towards the backyard who was not giggling as well along with Sasuke. "Makaira," Sasuke's father said, halting both children, all the glee that was previously there in her face left only to leave a Neutral look that is known to Uchiha clan. "Yes My Lord" She bowed her head in respect. It was hard to tell if it was a little girl in front of them or an adult considering her demeanour changed in an instant. "You are to assist Lady Uchiha in her duties and learn the ways of this household. Go and see if there is someone that requires your attention." Lord Uchiha said, no, he ordered her to it.

"Yes, My Lord" She bowed to him and then to both his son before making her way towards Lady Uchiha would reluctantly take her along with her explaining her everything she needed to know. Looking back at her son who was now looking down clearly upset. It hurt her to see her child upset but she can't say anything to her husband as well. Makaira followed her without any sound or protest but she could tell, she was a bit upset too.

The day went on pretty quick as Makaira trailed behind Lady Uchiha, listening carefully to what she said, learning the rules and routine of everyone to her heart. The meal was soon served and they all sat down, Makaira sat beside Sasuke, who gave her a small smile which she returned, she was glad to see that her friend was not angry with her for leaving him, just a little upset which he was trying to conceal in front of his father. They ate in silence with only a few questions being asked and answered, nothing more. It felt a little weird to Makaira, she was missing her family and more importantly, she missed her nii-san who has been away on a mission. But He had promised her that he would come back to her as soon as possible. She wonders what he would think of this, Father and Mother had told her that this is her new home and she has to respect and listen to them as she had listened to her family all the time.

Night fell pretty quick, Sasuke went to his room to sleep Makaira was given a room of her own, she was simple, she likes it, she could see the night sky. She loved watching stars, her brother would take her to the roof and tell her about the stars and they would spend hours together. She thought about her day and remembered how sad Sasuke was when they didn't get to play together. So, she quietly creeped out of her room to Sasuke's and knocked softly and whispered, "Sasuke". Sasuke cracked the door and peeped through to see Makaira standing there with a big grin on her face. "What are you doing here?" He whispered. "Do you still play?" She whispered back with a sly grin on her face. Sasuke smiled and nodded, taking her hand he quietly pulled her with him towards the backyard. They had a really big backyard so they could play quietly without anyone knowing.

Itachi woke up sensing very soft footsteps walking towards Sasuke's room, he quickly got up ready to move in case of danger. But then he sensed the chakra and relaxed when he found that it was Makaira. He listened to them and secretly followed them to make sure that they are safe and sound. Shishu would never forgive him if he let his sister get hurt, it was stressful enough to have to explain to him about this arrangement, he sighed knowing it would not be a pretty sight when that happens. What confuses him that why was all this done knowing Shishu will be gone for a long time for that mission, he has a feeling this was done in this time specifically because Shishu would be gone and there would be no one to oppose this arrangement. Itachi looked after them as both of them played around as quietly as they can, the smile that was on their face was precious. So innocent and carefree. He smiled when both of them got tired and decided to lay down for a while.  

Makaira and Sasuke lay down panting, tired but happy. They looked at each other and giggled softly carefully about not making too much noise. Then they looked up at the sky, so many stars, "So pretty." Sasuke said in awe. " I know, right? My nii-san and i would always look at the stars together every night." She said turning sad, "What happened?"