Kitten

Faye's POV:

"Miss? um.. Excuse me miss?" A hand waved in front of my face by the cashier in a school supply shop.

Startled I gave her my attention and I apologized for spacing out.

"Are you going to pay by card, miss?" she asked with a smile.

"Yes, please." I handed her my card and she accepted it.

I waited for a minute and started scanning the shop. I really like the ambiance of this shop. It's peaceful and it smells like newly opened books which I weirdly like.

"How long have you been working here? uh.. Zia?" I read her name tag.

"For a few months now, Miss. The pay is good and I really like how peaceful this shop is" She answered with a sweet smile.

She's a nice girl. "Oh, here's your card. And can you please sign this receipt miss?" She asked while handling me a receipt with a pen.

"Okay, thank you." I signed the receipt and she handed me the bag with the things I bought.

"Thank you for your purchase miss, please come again!" I smiled at her and pushed the door open.

I can once again hear the busy streets and all the honking of the cars. I instantly regret stepping out of the shop because it was bloody hot and noisy.

I heaved a deep sigh and started walking back to my apartment. As I was walking I saw teenagers beating a tiny kitten and the sight of the kitten just broke my heart

"Hey! What do you think are you doing?!" I shouted as I march towards the teenagers.

"Just what did the kitten do to you?!" I angrily asked. They looked at me with wide eyes and they started running as soon as they saw me marching towards their direction.

"Poor kitten..." My heart just shattered at the sight of the poor kitten, I squat and tried to touch the kitten but it backed away and hissed at me.

"Do not worry little one, I will never hurt you. I just want to make sure you're safe" It slowly and cautiously walked towards me and it sniffed my hand.

"Yes, that's it little one. I won't hurt you" I promised softly. The kitten nudge my hand and I slowly and gently pet it. it meowed several times and I just can't help but smile.

"How could they even hurt such a cute kitten like you?" It meowed as if its answering me. I looked at the cat and noticed that it is a stray as it doesn't have a collar. I really wanted to bring the kitten home and from the looks of it I guess I really will bring it home as I really feel bad for the kitten.

"Do you want to go home with me little one?" It purred and meows on my touch.

"I'll take that as a yes." I took a handkerchief in my bag and wrapped the  kitten carefully with it. I had the cat checked in a vet a few blocks away and thank god, the kitten is safe and sound it's just a little malnourished so the doctor prescribed a few vitamins and I took the time to buy my kitten all she needs.

Yes. The kitten was a she. so I decided to name her Faith. As I arrived in my apartment, I quickly unlocked it and placed Faith in my couch and I took out everything that I bought. I set up the litter box, I set up the cat bed, I washed Faith and she was struggling as I was her and I was scratched at first but she calmed down after a few minutes. After I washed Faith I set her down and feed her. I can't help but smile as I watch her.

She is such a sunshine. After a few while she fell asleep in her cat bed and I cleaned my apartment. As I cleaned my apartment I got a call.

"Hello?"

"Is this Ms. Fayette Johnson?"

"Yes it is."

"Ms. Johnson, this is Mrs. Santillan from the Sunny Child Development Center"

"Oh my, Good Afternoon Mrs. Santillan! is this perhaps about my application in your center?"

"Yes Ms. Johnson . Congratulations, You are hired and you may start tomorrow"

"Oh my god! Thank you very much Mrs. Santillan. I will work hard and will not let you down."

"Yes dear, I'll see you tomorrow"
"Thank you very much, I'll see you tomorrow!"

I was literally bouncing out of happiness and I was so excited for tomorrow. I really love kids and being a teacher is my dream job. The day went by with me smiling as I feel happy and contented with my life.