Father Failed

Matilda’s POV

I followed Hughes out of the room. He actually dared to blame Damon.

“Matilda, You-” I interrupted him with a slap. He looked back at me with wide eyes as if I’m crazy.

“Okay if this is because I called you stupid, I'm sorry. I deserve that.” I scoffed.

“Calling me stupid is fine. Dandy even! But hurting my daughter… is another thing.” I pointed a finger at him.

“What are y-”

“Don’t think that I’m actually stupid just because you called me one.” I fumed.

“How dare you Hughes… To hurt my daughter! I trusted you. I love you! Why did you do that?! Why did you let Pasha do that to your daughter Hughes?!” I screamed.

I felt my heart shatter with every word I say.

“I… Let me explain. I was just-” he stammered with his words

“You were going to let Faye marry Damon! He is a Knight! A rival of my company! And then you will let him merge our company together?! He will only hurt her! He’s just using her to get our company! Why can’t you see that?!” He yelled.

“And?! Your brilliant plan was to let some crazy bitch kill my daughter?!”

“No! She- She was just supposed to scare her and give her a graze.” He reasoned out.

“A graze. A fucking Graze?! Does it look like our daughter only got a graze?! Hughes! Look at her! She had to be revived 5 fucking times! With fuckin cords and tubes in her body!! With only machines holding her life!!” I sobbed.

“Honey, it’s not my fault!! It’s that bitch’s fault!” He exclaimed.

“Hughes… all this? All for your be damned money and company? All for your selfishness?!” I threw my hands in the air.

“Hughes. How selfish can you be? You dare question me about being a mother? Hughes. You failed. You failed as a father. You failed to protect your family. You failed your daughter. And you halfway failed me Hughes. You halfway failed as a husband. It’s as if I don’t know you anymore” I cried out.

Hughes sat on a chair clutching his head

"Im sorry okay? It didn't all goas planned Matilda. It was for our daughter too!" He croaked out.

Without saying anything I walked away not knowing what to say anymore. I felt betrayed. I almost lost my child. I almost lost a husband. I don’t know what to say or what to do.
I stared at the blank wall for hours. I felt numb. I felt heartbroken. I sobbed and let the tears fall out. I cried my whole misery away.

I hoped for my family to be complete and happy and now, I see neither complete nor happy. I felt like we have been slowly slipping apart and I don’t know what to do anymore.