Chapter 14

The royal family stood looking out as the guards lined up awaiting the chariot to come through the gates. Prince Caspian keeps glancing up towards the window that he knows leads to his father's study. The king notices and takes a deep breath. 

"Son, she is not leaving." 

Caspian looks forward and loosens the collar of his shirt as if a noose is tightening around his neck. He doesn't want to be here. He doesn't want to have to greet and host around a young debutante that will surely cause nothing but aggravation. 

The queen glances to her son and feels her emotions slack at seeing him so distressed. She turns her gaze to her young princess who stands beside her. She is grinning ear to ear and practically bouncing on her feet. 

"Princess, what has you so happy?"

The princess turns to her mother with a wide smile. The king and prince now look to her as well. She giggles before looking back to the front. 

"Navene said he has a surprise for me when we are done!"

The king raises a quizzical brow as the queen giggles at her energetic daughter. Caspian smirks turning back to the gates. The gates begin to lift and once again he takes a deep breath before taking one last glance to the window behind him. 

The chariot pulls in with horses in front and following behind as her patrol. The chariot stops in front of them and once again Caspian can't help but play with his collar. The door opens and an iron clad man steps out. He then holds his hand out to the maiden whose white glove is first to be seen. She peaks around the corner allowing her to see the royal family standing there with polite smiles. She grins seeing Prince Caspian and her eyes slowly take in his form. 

'Welcoming Princess Lena of Darion!'

The guards bow as the commoners clap politely but not cheerfully. She steps out in a dress that could only be described as indecent. The buss revealing to much to be consider proper as the the waist is over exaggerated. Her hair resembles a bee hive. Caspian cringes looking at her as she sways her hips walking over to them. She bows respectfully to the king and queen before standing up straight. Her eyes locking on Caspian. 

"Princess Lena, it's a pleasure to see you again." 

The king says watching as she continues looking to his son. His wife going stiff seeing how the young maiden is eyeing their son as Cass doesn't hold back from her distaste. She gags making the young maiden snap her eyes to Cassandra slightly narrowing her eyes before turning to the king and queen. 

"Thank you your majesty and thank you for having me." She turns to her side and gestures with her hand. "This is my adviser, Sir Radican." 

The iron clad man steps forward to stand at her side as he bows to the royals. They respectfully nod their heads to him. 

"Prince Caspian, I have missed you greatly."

Caspian has to refrain from scoffing at her tone. Anyone can tell it was more than inappropriate. He nods his head at her and she notices the disinterest but shrugs it off. 

Cassandra becomes bored and pulls on her mother's dress gaining her attention. The queen smiles down to her daughter seeing her anxiously waiting to go back in. She redirects her attention to the young princess who is still looking at her son making her become agitated. She grinds her teeth together before taking a slow exhale. The king notices his wife's frigid form and knows it's directed to the young maiden. 

"Perhaps we should go inside and get the princess situated." 

The princess takes the opportunity to walk over to Caspian. He forces a smile as she links her arm through his. She clings to his arm feeling his muscles that are tense from the intrusion. The princess either doesn't notice or doesn't seem to care as she grins ear to ear.