Chapter 49

True to his word, the king remained by his sleeping beauty until she awoken. He did end crawling into bed to hold her within his embrace. The nerves laying to rest with her safely in his hold. Artemis couldn't help but smile at them. They truly were the epitome of what a loving marriage should be. Even with her being unconscious, she maneuvers her body to curl into her husband's side. 

While they both were resting with Goliath at their feet. She began going about the room searching. Her eyes traveling over everything in the room attempting to find the cause to the sudden change in the queen. She went to the bathroom once again observing everything. 

"Artemis?"

She jumps whipping around with her hand to her chest. Caspian standing at the entrance to the bathroom. His brows furrowed as he looks to see his love looking at his parent's things. 

"What are you doing love?"

Artemis straightens up and takes a deep breath. She opens her mouth to speak when something catches her eye. A glisten on the floor between the bed and stand next to it. She doesn't bother speaking as she winds around Caspian heading over to the bed. Caspian follows her wordlessly watching as she leans down to pick up a silver goblet off the floor. 

Artemis sees a bit of liquid in the bottle of the cup. She inhales it before pulling it away from her nose in disgust. Caspian taking it from her hand doing the same. They both can tell that is not how the tea is supposed to smell. Artemis takes the goblet walking to the end of the bed. 

Goliath?

The wolf opens it's eyes to look to Artemis. He still is upset with her however will not disrespect her. He watches as she brings a silver trinket to his nose. One sniff is all it takes for the wolf to pull back snarling loudly at it.  

That is hemlock Artemis

Artemis gasp almost dropping the goblet from her hand. She can not believe that someone would attempt to harm the queen. She turns to Caspian who looks to her confused. She grips the cup tightly. 

"It contains hemlock" 

Caspian tenses hearing of this herb. He had not come across it but knows the purpose is death. His mind coming to the conclusion that someone was attempting to kill his mother. 

Artemis, I can track the scent. It is uncommon and who ever touched it will still have the scent lingering on their skin. 

Goliath stands up without another word. Caspian watches as the wolf sniffs the air before leaving the room. 

"Caspian follow him." 

Without questioning further, Caspian turns following the wolf. Artemis walks over setting the goblet next to the bed before gently shaking the king's shoulder. He blinks a few times coming back to consciousness. She was surprised that the queen began stirring as well. Both Artemis and Casden holding their breaths as she blinked her eyes open. The king smiles before pulling her into a tight hug. One that she equally reciprocates before her eyes land on the silver goddess standing next to the bed. Her metallic eyes glistening with unshed tears. Analee looks to her and mouthing thank you. Casden releases her to see her eyes locked on their daughter in law. He gets up from the bed allowing his queen to hug her savior. 

"Come here Artemis" 

Artemis comes closer until the queen throws her arms around her using what strength she has to hug her. An endless stream of thank yous falling from the queen's mouth. Artemis holds her rubbing her back soothingly. After a few minutes pulls back turning to the king whose eyes are glued on his wife. She stands from the bed allowing the king to take his spot back by the queen while she walks over to the opposite side. Her hands floating over the queen while she hums to confirm she is no longer in danger. After her scan, she feels no damage to her anymore.