Chapter 22

"Thank you all for joining us today. We have much to rejoice! I would like to thank all of you for your hard work this season. Our harvest was bountiful and we are ready for the oncoming winter season!" 

Artemis continues playing with the hem of her sleeve while the King continues addressing the crowd. Caspian is standing to the right of his father with the queen to his left. Princess Cassandra standing next to her mother. Navene takes Artemis' hand into his own feeling her nervous energy rolling off of her. 

"You know, your lovely gift also allows others to feel your emotions..." Navene whispers under his breath. Artemis hears him and takes a shaky breath trying to calm her nerves. "You. Will. Be. Fiiinnneee." 

Artemis kisses his head appreciative of his words. The wolves sitting next to their legs standing proud. The pair are standing towards the back away from the public's eye. Artemis' attempts to calm herself are going in vein. Her emotions are all out of sorts. 

"Now we also have some guest staying within the kingdom for the foreseeable future. I would like for you all to be introduced to Lady Artemis and Navene." 

Artemis is frozen not being able to get her muscles to move. Her breathing is erratic and chest rising and falling rapidly. Navene attempts to tug her arm to get her attention. Caspian turns when his father announces her. He notices instantly her petrified state. He steps to her taking her hands in mine. 

Artemis love, look to me

Artemis eyes timidly move to lock with his. She still can't seem to move even with his touch warming her. 

"I am here love... you can do this." 

His words loosening her muscles enough to step forward with his hand still holding her firmly. An anchor to her unsteady ship keeping her in place. The king steps to the side allowing Artemis and Navene to step forward. The crowd goes silent seeing the silver hooded figure step forward along with a young man. They then see two wolves standing along them. The little girl from the previous time squeals and begins clapping her hands. Vatalanie tilts her head in recognition of the same person from before. Others begin joining in to welcome the newcomers to their kingdom. Loud claps are heard through out making Artemis relax slightly but not enough to show her features just yet. 

"Now I would like for everyone to enjoy the festival and have a wonderful time." 

Everyone begins dispersing as the king turns to Artemis. Cassandra grabs Navene's hand and runs off the stage dragging her friend along. The queen and Tesara following behind to keep an eye on them. Caspian continues holding Artemis' hand that he can feel is still slightly shaking. 

"Lady Artemis, I will wait til you feel more comfortable to address your future with Caspian. I do not wish to overwhelm you." 

"Thank you your Majesty" 

Artemis keeps her head down still frightened by all the people. The king looks worrisome to her before turning to his son. He sees the concerned written clearly on his face. He decides to give them a moment and steps away to greet some of the villagers. 

Caspian doesn't hesitate turning completely so he is facing her. He takes both her hands into his as he leans forward connecting their foreheads. He takes a long slow breaths. 

"Mimic me sweetheart..." 

She watches his chest rise and fall. The feeling of his breath fanning her face... and she does. She finds her breath evening out as her heart beat slows down to a steadier pace. Caspian can see she has found her ground and he smiles against her head. 

Thank you my prince.

He pulls back kissing her forehead tenderly. 

"Always my love... come, let's enjoy some activities."