Pushiments

Raeesa's pov
Age 13
Height: 5.3
Weight: 114
I walked through the castle quarters to give my mother the mission report. I approached my mother who was sitting on a throne looking angry. "Your late daughter." She spat at me. I bowed down to mother as a sign of respect. "I am sorry mother," I said. "Very well come you must be punished," Mother growled at me. I followed her to the dreaded dungeon. I knew if I pleaded for help it would only get me more pain. So I stayed quiet. She leads me to the usual black room. Water dripped from the ceilings and the air was musty. I chained myself to the wall as I waited for my punishment.

A day later
Raeesa's pov

Mother has had me hanging on this wall for a whole day. I feel tired, but I cannot go to sleep for my punishment would be worse if I am asleep when she arrives. Then I hear the door creak open. I see mother standing there with a spiked mace. "Daughter you know I don't like doing this. However, you need to be taught to never FAIL." Mother spoke to me. Then she swung her mace at me. I kept my eyes focused on the wall across from me and my mouth shut. Mother kept hitting me until there was a loud snap. I gave out a gasp as I felt pain in my chest. "NEVER SHOW WEAKNESS." mother yelled at me as she hit me again. Followed by another loud snap. I bit my lip to keep myself from screaming. I had to keep my eyes emotionless. Followed more hits and cracks. "Good your punishment is done. Now you must go grab any weapons you might need for you are going to go ensure the collection of metahumans." Mother said to me as she unlocked me and let me fall to the floor. I covered it up like a bow and waited for mother to leave. She left and I painfully pulled myself up. I walked to my room to collect my Devil's breath uniform. With every step I made pain clouded my head. I saw Damian training with Lady Sheva out of the corner of my eye, but I kept walking. I changed into my armor and walked out to meet my mother for my orders. My right side of my chest cried out in pain with every step. I met my mother by the jet I was going to fly. "Devil's breath your orders are to preoccupy the mini justice league so we can collect the metahumans." Mother stated. "Yes mother," I responded and stepped into the jet to fly to the metahuman trafficking location.

12 hours later

"Devil's breath welcome." Master Wilson said. "Talia hadn't informed me that you would be here," I spoke demonically with my voice changer. "I was sent as an insurance to if the justice league comes." Master Wilson replied. I nodded my head. When I heard movement.  "They are here." I hissed. Master Wilson looked at me. "I will dispose of them if you can take care of the metas," I said as I ran off in their direction. I heard robin's movements in the vents. I silently hoped in there and released a clear gas tranquilizer. Suddenly I heard a thump. Signaling that Robin was asleep. "It's going time children." I chimed to myself. I heard Artemis shoot an explosive arrow at me. I grabbed it and threw it at Kaldur'ahm. He was quickly knocked out. Then I felt the Martian getting into my head. I closed my eyes and thought of my worst memories. I fought Artemis with my eyes closed. Then I heard a scream of pain come from the Martian and then collapse Artemis. I opened my eyes and saw a superboy charging at me. I grabbed his fist and bent it. A loud crack followed. "Ahhhh" Connor screamed out. I ran into the shadows. I watched as the metahuman traffic jet took off. I smirked as I touched my ear. "Mission was a success," I spoke into the earpiece. Suddenly I heard pounding quick feet. I swiped my feet and knocked the KidFlash to the ground. I placed a metahuman collar on him. "WHY DID YOU HELP ME?" Kid Flash yelled at me as I walked away to the outdoors. I made it to the cliff and heard master Wilson's jet. "Because no one deserves the pain I have felt," I spoke as the pain in my chest become extreme. I launched my grappling hook at the oncoming jet. I nodded at KidFlash as his team ran to us. My cord pulled as it hooked to the jet. As I flew up into the sky I looked down to see the team watching me leave. I climbed to the open jet door and threw off my mask as I became harder and harder to breathe. My face was exposed to Master Wilson. I started coughing. I tried to stop, but I kept coughing. My head becomes lightheaded as I looked down I saw blood pooling on the floor. My ears were ringing as I slightly heard as my vision began to blacken. "KID" then block spots enveloped my vision as I collapsed to the floor.

Slade's pov

"Hey Devil's Breath nice of you to join me." I chimed at her. She didn't respond which seemed odd. I suddenly heard coughing. I expected it to stop after a few seconds, but it didn't. Instead, it became harder. "Hey, kid are you okay?" I asked. I put the jet on autopilot. I turned around and saw blood pooling on the floor. "KID" I screamed as I ran towards her she collapsed. Which wasn't a good sign? "Kid come on," I spoke to Raeesa. Sure I may be a "bad guy", but I never wanted to hurt her. She was kind to almost everyone. I rolled her over and saw blood pouring out of her mouth. I lifted her armor above her head and was disgusted. Four of her ribs were sticking out of her skin. I rushed to the medical supplies and grabbed it. I tore off my gloves and started to place her ribs in the correct placement. I grimaced as I heard her ribs grinding together. After a few minutes, I felt Raeesa start to stir. I grabbed a cloth with chloroform on it and stuffed it into her nose. After a few moments, she fell unconscious again. Soon her ribs were placed in the right placement again. I started to stitch her chest where her ribs were sticking out of the skin puncturing it. I wrapped her chest in bandages as well. I pulled her shirt and armor back to cover her. I gently picked her up and sat her down on the copilot seat. I walked over to retrieve her mask and put it in a hidden compartment by Raeesa's seat. I sat down next to her and took control. I looked at her. I had never seen Raeesa looking so peaceful. She had a light smile on her lips and her face was relaxed.

8 hours later
Slade's pov

I was a little worried Raeesa hadn't woken up yet. How much sleep had she gotten? Probably none because she flew her by herself. Now I know what you are thinking the great Deathstroke has gone soft. Well yes. I had gone soft for a kind, determined, small, 13-year-old. She seemed to be underestimated by everyone including her own family. Then I heard I quiet weak groan. "What happened and answer me truthfully," I said not looking at her. She coughed a few times then hissed. "Punishment." She spoke in a pained voice. She had four broken ribs. Four broken ribs for punishment! What did she do to deserve that? "What did you do?" I asked. "I was late after a successful mission," Raeesa said.  She was successful there was no reason for that punishment. We stayed quiet for some time until I spoke. "You didn't deserve that punishment," I announced as my knuckles tightened on the steering handle. "Your kindness master Wilson is not deserved." She spoke trying to hide her pain. I put the jet on autopilot. I stood up and signaled for her to follow me. "Raeesa there is no need to call me Master Wilson. You can just call me Slade or whatever." I explained to her. "Thank you, Slade." She replied. I had grown to love this kid since she was a youngster. I bent down to her level on my knees and pulled Raeesa into my chest. I hugged her and she snuggled into me. We stayed like that for some time. "You should go to sleep. I am sure you are tired." I whispered to her. I suddenly felt how relaxed she was. I looked down to see her relaxed face and I heard her even breathe. I smiled and carried her to the copilot seat. "I will help you all your life and I will help you achieve your dreams," I promised her.