Chapter 17 - Meeting the family

A week had passed since their 'first date' and Kokichi was on face time to his mother. He asked Shuichi if he could tell her about their relationship and he had agreed.

"Hey, mum!" Kokichi squealed excitedly through the phone. "I'm dating someone!!!"

"WHAAAAAAAAAAAAT?! WHO? WHO IS IT?!" She screamed through the phone, obviously very excited.

"Nishishi, it's Shuichi!" he said, turning his phone to Shuichi who smiled and waved at the camera. Kokichi's mother's eyes widened, "OH MY GOD YOU'RE DATING SHUICHI SAIHARA?!?!?!?!?! I HAVE TO TELL YOUR FATHE-"

"Wait!" Kokichi yelled, trying to calm his mother down. "Me and Shuichi are coming to visit you guys so let me tell him then."

The women stayed silent then nodded, "Okay, I'll keep it a secret until then. Do you plan to tell the public?"

Kokichi looked at Shuichi nervously. "Not yet, I think we need to wait until we've been in a relationship for more than a week" he said with a chuckle. Kokichi nodded in agreement and his mum laughed. "I think you too will be together for a while, if not even forever! You seem perfect for each other and I haven't even met Saihara yet!"

Shuichi just laughed while Kokichi face palmed.

"Okay, i'll see you soon mum. Bye!" He yelled before hanging up on her.

"That was a bit rude" Shuichi said whilst Kokichi rolled his eyes playfully. "I texted her saying we'll be there this afternoon."

The detective nodded before going off and getting ready. Kokichi was already ready so he lay down on the bed and waited for him.

After about ten minutes Shuichi was ready, he looked at Kokichi and smiled. "Ready to go?" he asked.

Kokichi nodded and jumped up from the bed, they left the room and locked it before going down stairs.

They got in the car and Kokichi typed his parents address into Shuichi's gps. Shuichi smiled at him and they started to drive to Kokichi's parents house.

After about 40 minutes they had arrived. Kokichi looked at Shuichi and smiled at him. "Are you nervous?"

Shuichi shook his head. "No... Well slightly..."

"They already like you, so you don't need to worry" Kokichi said with a laugh.

He nodded before getting out the car. Kokichi got out as well and they walked along to his parent's house.

They lived in a rather small one story house.

Kokichi went up and knocked on the door, Shuichi following behind him, checking out the house

Soon, a women with long purple hair opened the door, she was medium height, around 5'6.

"Ah! Kokichi" The women said before hugging Kokichi tightly. "I've missed you!" She then looked up and Shuichi and her mouth opened.

"Oh...Wow... He's more handsome in person, isn't he?!" She yell whispered into Kokichi's ear which caused him to blush.