Chapter 14

"I think it would be best if we all went with you." Alice said, her vision finished. She saw everything. Them telling Ariella about their true identity and Ariella in transition.

Ariella huffed. "Alright, fine."

The Cullens, plus the two sisters exited the cafeteria then went out to the forest. There, Ariella cast a spell, taking out her wand. If the Cullens were to tell her everything, might as well tell them everything about her as well.

"Now spill." Ariella spat.

"We're vampires." Jasper said, looking down at his feet,

"But we don't feed on human blood." Rosalie put in quickly.

"We call ourselves vegetarian because we only feed on –" Emmett said, only to be cut off by Ariella.

"Animals." Ariella said. "Yes, I know. But how does that make you safer than other Pale Faces out there?"

"It doesn't." Edward replied simply. "Yes, we feed on animals, and we haven't killed a human, at least not without a choice, but that doesn't make us any less dangerous."

"So, explain to me." Ariella said slowly, furious. "Why the hell are you putting my sister in danger?!"

"Ariella." Alice said. "Ariella, we're not putting anyone in danger."

"No." Ariella seethed. "I know everything about your world. Perks of being a witch. I know about the Volturi and their rules. About how any human who knows too much must be killed. You think me a fool? Think again."

Edward remained silent. Bella piped up angrily. "You know, you can stop pretending as if you care about me. When you left me with Mom, I'm pretty sure that's when you stopped caring about me."

"Bella!" Rosalie exclaimed. She very much knew that Ariella still cared for her sister, no matter what happens.

"You know what? Fine." Ariella yelled, throwing her hands out in frustration, accidentally incinerating every tree surrounding them. Disregarding the trees, she continued. "Don't fucking run to me when they leave you, because you know, they will. And it will be the worst moments of your life."

Ariella grabbed her wand and put out the fire she had accidentally caused. After regrowing the plants, Ariella threw one last look at the Cullens then stormed off to her car.

Jasper's face was full of heartbreak and sadness. Rosalie looked shocked at the words Ariella uttered. Alice shook her head in guilt, she should have warned them. It was all her fault. Edward's face was blank and void of any emotion, and Emmett was trying his best to comfort his family. Bella felt somehow responsible for all of this, for if she hadn't spoke up, Ariella would probably have listened to reason.

"Isabella." Rosalie said, looking up at Bella. "You rid us of a family member. You rid Jasper of his soulmate. You rid me, Alice, Emmett and Edward a sister."

"I-I'm sorry!" Bella apologized.

"Rose, don't put all the blame on her." Edward pleaded with his sister.

"No, she deserved to hear that." The usual bright, cheery Emmett was gone and replaced with a somber Emmett.

Jasper looked down on his shoes once again and sped away to God knows where. The rest of the Cullen siblings went off to enter the school once more and only Bella and Edward were left in the forest.

Meanwhile, Ariella drove madly towards anywhere where her car would lead her. Tears sprung from her eyes and blurred her vision slightly.

'All I've ever done is to want to protect Bella. I figured that, maybe, if I stay away from her she would be protected from the horrors of the wizarding world. Then everything would be alright. But apparently, the cost of that was her trust towards me.' Ariella thought angrily, ramming her foot on the accelerator. She yelled, uncaring of who heard her. She closed her eyes, desperately wishing to crash.

Unknown to her, her wish is about to be fulfilled.