𝑡𝑤𝑜.

chapter two

the raptors

°➶☽∘ ✾ ∘☾➴°

°➶☽∘ ✾ ∘☾➴°

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐏𝐈𝐆 squeals as it runs through the raptor containment center. Four raptors are at its heels, gaining speed as they track the small animal.

"Hold," Owen Grady announces suddenly. His voice breaks through the air as the pig gets to safety. His command causes the raptors to stop, the beta, Blue, tapping her clawed toe on the ground impatiently. The other three raptors, Echo, Charlie, and Delta come up behind her.

"Hey," Owen speaks again, causing the raptors to look up at him from his space on the railing. It was about twenty feet above the ground allowing the man a view of his raptors, but high enough so that they can't reach him. Their eyes only focus on him for a moment though, before they look elsewhere. Alex stands next to him, her arms crossed and resting on the railing. She glances at Owen, who doesn't seem in the mood for disobeying, "Eyes on me."

Charlie, Echo, and Delta look up obediently, while Blue stubbornly looks in front of her.

"Blue?" Owen warns, pointing at her, "Blue! Watch it."

Charlie lets out a sound, stubbornly shaking her head now, following her beta's attitude, "Charlie! Hey! Don't give me that shit."

Delta joins in, giving a sound of protest, earning a stern calling of her name, "Delta! Lock it up."

"Good!" Owen praises once all four raptors are looking up at him, "And we're moving!"

He moves around, the raptors following him while Alex stays in her spot, watching Owen interact with his raptors.

"That's good. That is damn good," Owen praises as they follow his commands. He moves in front of a metal bucket, which is hanging from the railing.

"Very good," he says, reaching into the bucket and pulling out a rat, "See, Charlie, that's what you get!"

He chucks the rat at Charlie, who catches it in her mouth. He looks over to Alex and motions her over as he chucks another one, this time at Delta.

Once Alex gets over to where he's standing, Owen hands her a rat and says, "Because I know how much you love Echo."

Alex grins at him and takes the rat, "Thanks, just don't tell Jo. She might get jealous."

Owen chuckles and nods before Alex says, "Echo, this is for you girl."

She tosses the rat and Echo catches it in her mouth, making a sound of approval.

Alex turns her attention back to Owen who takes out another rat and holds it up, making eye contact with Blue, "Blue. This one's for you."