𝑓𝑜𝑢𝑟.

chapter four

lo

°➶☽∘ ✾ ∘☾➴°

°➶☽∘ ✾ ∘☾➴°

𝐎𝐖𝐄𝐍, 𝐀𝐋𝐄𝐗, and Claire get out of the car once they arrive at the Indominus rex's pen. The sound of construction workers doing their job fills the air and the slight sound of chatter amongst the employees reaches Alex's ears. The woman looks up at the large walls of the containment center, concerned as to why they need to be as tall as they are.

Owen seems to notice this as well and the two exchange a look quickly.

"We've been pre-booking tickets for months," Claire says, leading the way, "The park needs a new attraction every few years in order to reinvigorate the public's interest. Kind of like the space program."

She leads them up some stairs as she continues, "Corporate felt genetic modification would up the wow factor."

"They're dinosaurs, wow enough," Alex mumbles. Owen hums in agreement as he slips his hand in her own.

"Not according to our focus groups," Claire counters, "The Indominus rex makes us relevant again."

"The Indominus rex?" Owen chuckles. A look of amusement flickers in his eyes at the odd name.

"We needed something scary and easy to pronounce," Claire explains in a matter of fact tone, turning to the two, "You should hear a four year-old try to say 'Archaeornithomimus.'"

"You should hear you try to say it," Owen mocks once Claire's out of ear shot.

"Archaeornithomimus," Alex shrugs.

Owen grins at her and says, "Much sexier."

Alex chuckles, attempting to hold back a blush as she nudges his shoulder. Owen lets out a laugh of his own when he noticed her flushed face, but chose not to say anything as he pulled her inside.

Alex lets out a slight gasp as they enter the hall-like room. There are glass walls, showcasing the new exhibit. Alex let her eyes scan the area before her eyes. It looked empty for the most part, only trees and dirt filling the space she can see.

Claire goes up to the scanner, which detects all of the thermal heat signatures in the pen.

"So what's this thing made of?" Owen asks as Alex and himself make their way over to the glass windows.

"The base genome is T-rex. The rest is classified," Claire replies.

"Yep, definitely calling her Lo," Alex states, crossing her arms over her chest. Owen gives her a sideways look.