𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑒.

chapter nine

betrayal

        ― betrayal  』

°➶☽∘ ✾ ∘☾➴°

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐆𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐏 arrives at the Raptor center, Owen outraged and Alex angered. Owen steps out of the car first, Alex right after, with some difficulty as the children don't want to let her go. Claire gets out as well as Hoskins approaches the three.

"The mother hen has finally arrived," he laughs - to which Owen responds by punching him in the face.

"Get the hell out of here and stay the hell away from my animals," Owen demands as Hoskins rubs his jaw.

Alex stands next him, her arms crossed, "They aren't you pets! They're living creatures!"

"Hoskins, you wanted this to happen, you son of a bitch," Claire adds in her most threatening voice, standing as tall as she could.

"Oh, Jesus," Hoskins exclaims, "How many more people have to die before this mission starts to make sense to you?"

"It's not a mission. It's a field test," Barry counters, approaching the conversing group.

"This is an iNGen situation now," Hoskins informs, ignoring Barry, "Okay, there are gonna be cruise ships that show up here at first light. Everybody's gonna get off this island. You're gonna watch a news story tomorrow about how you all saved lives. No, better yet, how your animals saved lives."

Owen doesn't say anything, only gives Hoskins a hard stare, Alex tries to do the same, but as tough as she is, she isn't too intimidating with her 5'1'' height.

Finally, Owen looks over to Barry, who's standing to his left. Hoskins and Alex turn to him as well. Barry seems to know what Owen is asking and shakes his head in denial, "They've never been out of containment. It's crazy!"

Hoskins ignores him once again, turning to the other workers who are all around the outside of the raptors' containment center, waiting for instruction, "Let's move it out!"

He turns back to Owen, his voice still raised, "This happening. With or without you."

Owen doesn't say anything as he glance over at Alex, looking for her reaction. He wouldn't do this without her agreement, she knew these raptors almost as much as he did.

She doesn't even look at him, though, as she is still giving Hoskins a stern glare.

°➶☽∘ ✾ ∘☾➴°

Owen points his fingers at Sector Five on the map layout of Jurassic World.