THIRTY ONE

Aur Rahi Baat Meri ?

Mujhe Dil Par Patthar Rakhna,
Aur Dil Ko Patthar Karna
Khoob Aata Hai....

THIRD PERSON'S POV

"How is it ?"

Showing Murat her palms filled with intricate designs of mehendi, she waited for him to compliment it.

"Good."

The small smile on her face vanished hearing him, replacing it with a deep frown. It took hours to clad her palms and feet with mehendi, for their nikaah tommorow and he didn't even complimented it properly.

"Only good ?"

"Haan, kyuki mehendi se zyada khoobsurat tum lag rahi ho."

He grinned, pinching her cheeks, seeing her laugh loudly at his remark.

"That was too cheesy Murat."

"Yes, because I love cheesy."

He had a stupid grin on his face which made her shook her head at his silliness, but she smiled nonethelessly seeing him happy. Her smile didn't lasted for long when her eyes landed on Mustafa who was standing in the balcony of his room smoking. His eyes held a distanced look, the same look she saw in his eyes when they lost Hassan. He was burning his pain with the help of cigarette which he was holding with his life. It was then his eyes clashed with her's to which he gave her a small smile and walked inside his room, not able to see her with someone else.

Why are you hurting him so much ? Can't you see his pain ?

Heart screamed seeing him in pain but brain stopped it not wanting to go back into that painful abyss again.

I can't do anything. I don't have the capacity to endure more pain.

"Dove! Where are you lost ?"

"Nothing."

Giving him an uneasy smile, she turned her gaze towards the fairy lights which were brightening up the whole area. He saw the change in her, noticing everything, even her smile which didn't reached her eyes and was about to question her when he saw her dadu walking towards them with a stern expressions.

"Murat beta what are you doing here ? It's not permissible for the groom to see the bride before the wedding."

"I came to see her mehendi."

Scratching his neck, he tried to act innocent to save himself from dado's wrath but he was wrong, so wrong.

"Achaa beta...."

Glaring at him, she held his ear to which he winced in pain and stood up from his seat in a second, ready to leave from there.

"Kal mil lena usse lekin shaadi ke baad but before that you'll not meet her."

Dado's strict voice rang in his ears and nodded like an obedient student, turning to leave, not before giving a last look to Maria who seemed lost in her own thoughts.

Sitting at edge of the window, clad in a lemon coloured anarkali, she was lost admiring the stars which were illuminating the night sky, least bothered about the whisp of hair falling on her face, flowing carelessly with the wind.

Night scared her. It made her feel vulnerable and scared with the darkness it held, making her remember the old times, the times of gloom, the times of despair but now it didn't scared her anymore. The stars and the moon illuminated the night, decorating it with their light. Their light symbolised hope at the times of despair and Murat was her hope for her better tommorow.