Part 7

I put on my pj's and grabbed my sleeping bag. I then walked to Scotty's room and knocked on the door. "Come in." He said. I walked into him working on one of his little science project things. "Hurry up, we gotta go," I said. Scotty grabbed his sleeping bag and we were about to head out when our mom called from the kitchen, "Scotty you can go ahead but I want y/n to do the dishes before she leaves." I sighed and Scotty left.

I rolled up the sleeves of my shirt and grabbed a sponge. "I wanted to talk to you," my mom said. I looked at her and she started, "Well your gonna be at a sleepover with a bunch of boys," here we go, I thought. "I noticed you have been hanging with that kid, dark brown hair..." she tried to think of his name. "Benny?" you asked. She nodded, "Benny, yes. Well, you guys seem really close and he is a teenage boy so he might wanna..." I know he is my crush but just...ew. "Mom, I know what your gonna say. it isn't like that though. Besides, everyone else is gonna be with us." I said. She just shrugged, "Go ahead and have a fun time." she said. I dried my hands, pulled my sleeves down, and ran out the door.

I jogged the whole way to the treehouse. When I got there I climbed up the ladder. "Finally," Squints said annoyed. "What?" I asked. "We wanted to start the stories. Now go put your sleeping bag somewhere." I nodded and started to walk to a corner when Benny called for me, "Y/n you can put it here." he said pointing to the empty spot next to him. All the boys started ooohhh-ing. I smiled and walked over to put my sleeping bag down. After setting up I sat down and Squints started talking, "The story of the beast..." Are you kidding? I thought. Whatever I decided to listen to him. These kids imaginations are definitely wild. It was probably just some big dog or something.

He finished the story and I felt like laughing at them but I didn't want to be mean. So I distracted myself and started making a s'more. Ham was next to me and he was teaching Scotty how to make one. I made my own and then sat back down on my sleeping bag. Benny was looking at me, "I can make one for you." I said. "Oh, I am sorry. I am hungry but I will make myself one," he said. I shrugged and kept eating. Was there another reason for him looking at me? I thought. No, he just said, he was hungry.

I kept eating and I looked at Benny. He really was cute. I like him a lot but I feel guilty about it. He is my friend I feel like I shouldn't be feeling this way.

I finished my s'more and looked out the "window." Scotty walked over to me, "It's late y/n. You should go to sleep." he suggested. "I will in a bit." he nodded then went into his sleeping bag and fell fast asleep with everyone else. I looked out the window, I can't stop thinking about Benny. He was just too cute. After a while of looking out the window and thinking I went into my sleeping bag. I faced the ceiling not being able to sleep. I was startled by a tap on my shoulder, "Y/n," Benny said smiling. "You are still awake?" I asked. "Well I don't know I couldn't sleep. Why are you awake?" he asked. I shrugged, "Can't sleep." he nodded. "Im freezing to death," I said because it was true. It was cold as an icebox in here. "Yeah...well goodnight." he said. I mumbled goodnight back and went to sleep, fre