Part 10

The next morning I woke up to someone tapping on my window. "Get up y/n, I have got a plan," Benny said and ran away. I quickly got up and dressed. I ran out of the house without eating any breakfast and went straight to the sandlot. Everyone but Benny was there and when he finally came we were all curious. He had a shoebox with him and he put on the new shoes. He told us the plan and we were all scared for him. He hopped over the fence and after a minute he jumped over and quickly got up. Everyone cheered but then he yelled, "Oh shit!" and started running. A dog jumped over the fence and started chasing him. We all ran after him and he told us to meet him at the sandlot. We ran there quickly and there he came running after him.
Benny jumped over the fence and so did the dog but the fence broke and It fell on top of the dog. Scotty ran to the fence and started pleading for one of us to help him lift it. I started to walk over and help when he said, "No girls." he said. I rolled my eyes and backed away. Benny walked over and helped lift the fence. The dog got out and walked away. We followed him and what we found was a million balls, all ours.
Benny and Scotty went inside to the owner to tell him what happened. After a few minutes, they came out with a brand new ball. Benny smiled and winked at me I smiled back. (The rest of the summer the dog hung out with everyone)
That night I went to sleep slightly annoyed with Scotty. Whatever he was just a little kid. And a boy. I was about to go to sleep when I saw Benny outside of my window. I got really startled. "Oh my god! You scared me!" I said. He crawled in, "Sorry. I just was wondering if you were up to going swimming at the lake with me." he said. "Yeah sure," I said. "But I want to go early." He said. "How early are we speaking?" I asked. "Five in the morning...I still want to play ball after." I nodded. Of course, he did. "Why not?" I said. "Now go away. I want to get some sleep." I laughed and so did he.

I couldn't stop thinking about him the whole night. Tomorrow was going to be fun. I couldn't wait.