New Beginning

-Alex

We reach a house in the woods. We ran all through the night. We reach our destination at dawn. The sun barely makes it's way into the horizon.

We shift back and Russell leads us into the small house. We are all quiet. 

The three of us are now rogues. No pack. No going back. Do they know what they just committed themselves to? 

Russell starts a fire as I join Addison on the couch. The house is small and built out of logs. There is a stone fireplace in the middle of the room and a dusty couch. I glance around and see a small kitchen area, most likely empty of any food. 

There is another door I assume leads to a bedroom. Who owns this house?

"Thank you." I finally speak, breaking the silence. Addison grabs my hand in her own.

"I wasn't going to leave you to die." She breathes out.

"You didn't have to do this for me, really. Now we are all condemned to be on the run." I choke out. I am the reason they just lost their futures. 

"You're basically family now." Russell speaks finally, turning away from the now blazing fire. He smiles warmly at me. 

We all curl up on the couch. Russell falls deep into sleep and I just gaze into the flames, deep in thought. 

Now I am free. Yes, the Silvermoon pack will search for us. For a while maybe, but they won't look forever. 

I escaped death, and I am surrounded by my friends. 

"Where are we going to go now?" I whisper to Addi, careful not to wake the sleeping man next to her. She has been staring at the fire too, unable to sleep.

"I haven't thought that far yet. Russell had told me about this place, he owns it. He used it to escape Kai once. But it is still close to the Silvermoon pack. I do not doubt they will find us here eventually." She whispers back. She is obviously just as worried as I am.

If they find us, I will be executed and they will have to live their lives out in prison. I can't let that happen. We need a sanctuary. Somewhere out of Tyler's reach. We need protection far away. 

"Liam" I breathe out. 

I am free now, and Tyler would never dare send his search party near a vampire's house. Not to mention it is a few days walk from here. I was only able to reach it by car when Liam dropped me off. 

"No" Addison warns. "You told me on the way here that you ended things with him." 

"Yes, because I didn't want to escape prison! Magically disappearing from my cell in the middle of the night screams Liam. But if we go to him now, he can keep us safe, he can lead Tyler's men away." I counter. 

But then he is still burdened with me. Do I really want to do that to him? How will he keep us all hidden.

"He saved my life, but he still kidnapped me after." She says, her gaze breaking from the crackling fire and meeting mine. 

This was true. What he did then was wrong. But he had shown me on the rooftop that he meant well. Would he even want to see me?

"But Tyler and his men would never suspect it. They would think I went there if I was alone, but with you and Russell, they wont even think to look there."

"Liam and Russell don't get along." She says scrunching up her nose. 

"That's the whole point. Addison I think Liam really cared about me." My eyes drop to the blanket in between my hands.