CHAPTER SEVEN

A I D E N

Off the Market!

The most eligible billionaire bachelor is taking the plunge!

Get those tissues ready, ladies, because Aiden Carlisle is officially off the market. Today, the Carlisle family announced the engagement of their only son, the dashing, self-made billionaire businessman, Aiden, to the beautiful and charismatic pageant Queen, Caroline Baxter.

Their official engagement is said to have taken place last Friday, at the Carlisle Mansion in uptown, where Aiden presented Caroline with a huge emerald engagement ring, set in 14-karat white gold. No comment has been made by any family members.

Aiden Carlisle, 30, is the founder and CEO of Isle Co., while Caroline Baxter, 28, is the face of luxury clothing line, Versatile. The couple is said to have met at a charity gala, the likes of which both entrepreneurs frequent.

Aiden, seen as quite the playboy bachelor, frequently being pictured with various ladies on his arm, did not mention even in his most recent interview that he was involved with anyone, let alone Caroline Baxter. He opted to speak of his business with a lot of passion, which can be attested by his major success in the field.

Caroline is the darling of the luxury clothing industry in the city, with designers competing to dress her for any and every event. She had quite the jet-setting lifestyle ever since she won the Miss Teen Queen pageant at age 16. Her decade-long career is going as strong as ever.

Though it is unclear when their relationship began or blossomed, it's quite easy to tell that they have committed to each other.

We wish them the best of luck and many happy years of marriage!

I pinched the bridge of my nose with two fingers, so completely exhausted with the day of work. The newspaper that sat on the table in front of me, was almost mocking me. The engagement announcement had gone up and that was one of the many, many articles that had covered it.

Every time something about me came in the papers, I was always amazed at how much information they managed to find out about me.

I checked my watch. It was four-thirty, which meant that I had about two hours before I had to go and pick Caroline for our dinner date.

The thought of a whole meal alone with Caroline made the work inside the conference room seem like heaven.

"Mr. Carlisle?" someone said, shaking me from my thoughts, "This is the report on investments that you asked for."

"Thank you," I said, taking the file and nodding to the man that I didn't know.

I got up and went to the window, wanting to stretch my legs.

We were in the midst of discussing a merger between one of the companies I invested in and a related company. The conference room was filled with people from my company, their company and investment bankers galore.

"Aiden," the CEO of Hammond and Gerber, Arthur Hammond called to me, walking over. He was an old friend of my father's and knew me well. "Good to see you. I hear congratulations are in order."

"Well, thank you," I replied, shaking his hand and smiling.

"How's your father?" he asked.

"He's doing well, Arthur, and you look very well, too," I said.