CHAPTER SIXTEEN

Wedding Planner Rule Number 8

Always get paid in advance.

"Caroline's been quiet, hasn't she?" Jenna commented, looking through my appointment book.

I looked up from my notes and nodded. "It's strange, but I have a meeting with them later today. It's there in the book," I told her, nodding to the book she was holding.

"Yeah, it's right here. At Aiden's house," Jenna said, tapping the entry with her index finger, "Don't you just hate the people who ask you to do later meetings?"

"You know that the only reason they get later meetings is because they pay for the services that include meetings at their convenience," I reminded her and she made a face at me.

"It must be nice to have a billion dollars," Jenna sighed and then laughed, "By the way, did you see that the Versatile store down the block has been closed for renovations?"

"Versatile? The brand that Caroline models for, right?" I asked.

Jenna nodded. "I saw the place was empty when I came this morning. It's been that way for a while now."

"Isn't that the only store they have?" I asked.

Jenna nodded. "That and their online store. Wonder why, though. It was such a beautiful store."

I shrugged. "Caroline didn't mention anything, but then again, she hasn't called me or emailed me frantically for about a week," I said.

Jenna smirked at me. "You must be having some peace then." We laughed. "Now, get out of here. You have to go meet them on time. Caroline looks like the type who would go berserk if you kept her waiting."

I rolled my eyes and closed my book, getting up.

"I'll see you tomorrow," I told Jenna, as she walked out.

I made my way home thinking about being in the same room as Aiden and Caroline after what Aiden had told me when we met at the tailors. I decided that I wouldn't let any part of what he said get to me and I would just do my job.

I put on a mustard colored sweater and a black skirt over black stockings with a pair of black pumps. I pinned my hair back, away from my face, but kept it loose.

Looking at the clock, I left my apartment just in time to make it to Aiden's house by seven and since it was Friday, I wanted to avoid the traffic.

Since the doorman knew me, he smiled and let me up to Aiden's floor.

I happily walked down the hall that lead to Aiden's door. It was the only apartment on that floor. I rang the bell and waited for someone to come to the door, hoping that Caroline would have arrived.

After several moments, I heard the door unlock from the inside and it was opened.

Aiden stood there, wearing a loose-fitting linen shirt and a pair of light linen trousers.