Chapter 42

Misha's POV:

I blinked once. Twice. Thrice. At Ibraheem's statement. Silence fell on all three of us. I looked closely at Ibraheem. He was staring back at me all serious. I sighed internally as I thought that I loved this man before me but sometimes I really wanted to punch him in the throat. When he realized, I wasn't going to respond, he decided to open his dumb mouth again.

"Jaan, did you hear me? I said we are-"

"I HEARD YOU JUST FINE." I yelled back bitterly. My tone was not soft and I wouldn't let it be soft either. I ignored Ibraheem as I looked at Fahad's back. Rationalizing with Ibraheem right now was stupid. "You are the smart one among the three of them, how did you let this happen?"

"Bhabhi, we thought that fu-I mean Farrukh had kidnapped you and Ibraheem started to lose his mind." Fahad explained and I muted whatever he was saying as I slowly turned back towards Ibraheem who had a poker face. My eyes were cold. Hollow.

"So you shot my cousin? ARE YOU DUMB?!" I saw the shock slowly registering on Ibraheem's face. "I knew you were crazy but I honestly didn't expect this from you, Ibraheem." I shook my head in disappointment. It didn't long for Ibraheem to get angry again.

"So what did you expect me to do? Huh? YOU ARE SIDING WITH THAT GUY OVER ME?" I glanced at his hand on my thigh since I was practically laying down on the backseat. I tried to pull my knees to me but his grip on my leg tightened. I felt him dragging me towards him while I tried to stay put but it wasn't working.

"How about TALKING to ME about it before losing your SHIT?" I emphasized the words by raising my voice. It was hard to concentrate with how close he was to me. One of his hands was resting on my thigh while the other was holding my waist.

"BIWI HO TUM MERI. MUJHE LAGA THA TUMHE KUCH HOGAYA HAI! Mera dimagh chalna band hogaya tha pareshani se. Mera dil ki dharkan ne mujhe behra kardiya tha. Ghusa ne andah kardiya tha. MEN KYA KARTA HUH?! (YOU ARE MY WIFE. I THOUGHT SOMETHING HAD HAPPENED TO YOU. My mind had stopped working from the stress. I couldn't hear anything over the loud beating of my heart. I was blind from rage. WHAT COULD I HAVE DONE HUH?!)" Once his face was only inches away from mine, he stared at me intensely as he continued. "What would you have done if you were in my place and I suddenly stopped picking up my phone? And then you see me close with another woman?"

Okay, I admit, I would lose my shit too. He had a point.

"I still wouldn't have SHOT the DAMN WOMAN." I reasoned but I didn't believe my own words. I had realized over time that although I wasn't as crazy as Ibraheem, my possessive streak scared me.

"Well, we both know just how true that statement is." Ibraheem chuckled and I knew he was being sarcastic. "OR MAYBE THAT JUST PROVES THAT I LOVE YOU WAY MORE THAN YOU LOVE ME."

"Oh for heaven's sake Ibraheem! THIS ISN'T A DAMN COMPETITION!" I sighed in frustration. He was yelling but his tone wasn't as aggressive as mine was. "Whatever. I am not going to Karachi with you. NOT LIKE THIS." I changed the subject to a more pressing issue. There is no way I could go to Karachi with him right now. What about my university? My family? I had to clear the misunderstandings and make sure Farrukh was okay too. Sure the bullet didn't pierce right through him but it did graze him and an injury is an injury. Thanks to this idiot right here. I turned to look at Ibraheem and flinched when I noticed the way he was looking at me.

"You belong right by my side, Misha. I am always restless when you are in Lahore and I can't talk to you. We are already married so you should come to our home now. OUR HOME. Especially after what I have witnessed today, you are definitely coming to Karachi with me." I knew at that moment that no matter what I said right now, Ibraheem would not budge from this decision he had made.