Chapter 34

*

"Was it you?", the big man asked.

"No daddy!",Angela cried.

Her father held her tightly by her wrists and it was hurting her a lot.

"May stay inside!", he roared at the weeping girl peeking from her room.

Her mother gently but harshly pushed the girl inside and locked the door from outside. Then she turned on her daughter.

"Then why were his eyes all bleeding and demolished? You think lightning struck him in the sockets or something? Why did a pencil stick out of his eyeball?", he screamed at her.

"It wasn't me dadd-"

*SMACK!*

Angela's face twisted wickedly away and hit the wall beside her. She caressed her sore and swollen cheek in her hands and sobbed quietly. 

Making noise would lead to receiving a kick from her mother.

"Honey, why do you do this?", her mother said, giving her a disapproving look.

"I didn't...I didn't..", she mumbled weakly over and over.

"Don't lie!"

"You are such a shameful being!"

They continued to shower her with insults like water coming out of a tap, hitting her occasionally. Angela could bear no more.

"Because that cow had it coming for her! She always targeted me. I never hit the girl with the pencil. It was just so someone pushed me! I told her but she didn't listen. It was her fault!", she screamed at her parents.

Her father sighed disappointingly and started to undo his belt.

"You should learn a lesson, honey", he said.

"Daddy please", she begged.

*SLASH*

The belt came down on her before she could even blink.

*

"How long are you going to take?", Stephanie complained.

"It's difficult. They are too tightly tied. My fingers hurt!", he complained back.

"I'm going to take a nap. When you're done tell me", she sighed impatiently.

Her body felt heavy and despite everything she wanted to sleep. 

*Five minutes later*

"Done!", Nathan proclaimed.

He felt completely satisfied until he saw Stephanie sleeping peacefully.

How could someone-

"Bruh, wake up! Untie mine now", he said.

Still sleeping.

He shook her shoulder roughly to rouse her from her heavenly nap.

Stephanie didn't wake up.

*

If hell was a feeling, he was feeling it right now. His body was in flames and he could not move a finger. It was difficult to even breathe properly. 

Is this what dying is?

"Chris the police is here. Everything will be okay! You will be okay", his brother assured him but more to his own self.

His eyesight was getting slightly blurrier but he could still make out the people moving about.

A lady in blonde hair was calming down a crying Marilene while another guy was calling someone. That guy was looking his way and wincing occasionally.

It's me who was stabbed with a stupid kitchen knife. Why's he so offended?

His head was hurting a bit now but no one knew about it and it also felt a little strange to him.

Pain had been something which he had felt mentally. This was physical. He wondered if  a composition of mental and physical pain constituted to what Stephanie had gone through since her childhood.

There's another bad deal I've made!

Thinking about Stephanie hurt his heart more than the gash above his belly button. 

His eyes started to droop. He was tired and wanted to just sleep for an hour. Although he closed his eyes he couldn't get rid of her brown eyes and flowing silken brown hair. They looked like a  beautiful hue of caramel in the sunlight.

No one had struck a cord with his heart more than Stephanie had. No one had stayed with him for just him and not for.......

*

"......Money!", Troy said excitedly.

"Are you serious?", Joey gasped.

"Yes! Chris has like so much money! Why do you think I still stick to a loser like him?", Troy scoffed.

"Did he pay for that?", Joey asked pointing to his mint-colored hair.

"Yeah. He said he would so I got something fancy. Probably meant nothing to him."

"I should ask him to buy me Gucci shoes then", Joey joked.

They both sniggered and joked amongst themselves.

"But you really don't like him?", Joey asked.

"You serious? That guy is so stupid and such a loner! You know he was crying at some person's funeral? Sentimental guys like him should not be allowed in the society", Troy scoffed.

"It had been my dad's funeral. I can't imagine you not crying if your parents died right now", Chris softly said, emerging from a corner.

Both the guys jumped in fright as high as the Eiffel Tower.

"H- hi!", Troy said.

"Come on.. I don't care what shit ya'll were saying", Chris said, sounding bored.

"Where?", both said in unison.

"We gotta buy Joey Gucci shoes loser", Chris retorted.

Both of the guys became excited hearing that and followed Chris like puppies, forgetting everything that they said about him a moment ago while Chris lead the way. He was leading not because he wanted to assert his authority but because that was the only thing he could do to hold back his tears.

They never thought of me as their friend. Why did it have to be me? Tell me Dad. Why me?

Money? He hated money.

*****

This part had four different sides to it. I hope you understand the characters better now!