Chapter 14

I continued my one on one training with Kaine over the next week. We were getting closer but he hasn't touched me since that day we had back in the gym. I could tell he was trying to hold back because I would catch his eyes darkening every time he looked at me. He would shake his head and turn around to compose himself.

There were two more days until my birthday and I was excited. Tiffany and Stephanie said that everything was ready to be set up for my party on Friday. Right now I was in the gym throwing punches at the bag. Kaine stepped out for a little to talk to his father Alpha Brandon.

I was practicing my punches that Kaine taught me over the last few days. Training with him has gotten better and I learned a lot more techniques to use on the battlefield. I was so engrossed into punching the bag that I didn't realize Kaine came back. He wrapped his arms around my waist and I jumped at the sudden contact. I turned around to look at him.

"You have gotten so much better from the first day, even though you were also good back then too." He looked proud of me. "You will make an excellent Luna to this pack." His words made me feel a sense of accomplishment. I was happy that he accepted me as his Luna. "Since your birthday is Friday, I will let you get away from training tomorrow since you've been working hard for the last few days." My face lit up. I didn't expect him to let me off so easy.

I leaned up to give him a kiss because I was so excited. In two days I will finally feel the mate bond that will bring us closer than ever. I didn't realize what I did until Kaine started to growl. I looked at him and looked into his eyes and noticed they had darkened. The blue in them started to shine. "Baby I've been holding back a lot. I don't want to touch you until your birthday." I knew he was holding back and I wanted to touch him too but I knew he wanted me to be aware of him as my mate before we went further.

I decided to change the subject so he could calm down. "I noticed your eyes have blue in them. I have never seen anyone's eye that stayed that way." He looked at me and I could tell he was calming down.

"The blue in my eyes are the color of my wolf's eyes." I figured that that's what it was; it's rare for wolves and their humans to have different colored eyes. "When the blue in my eyes appears, that means my wolf is close to the surface." That's why I always saw it when he was angry or turned on.

"I like them, somehow they seem very familiar to me." I smiled up at him and he looked like he was thinking of something. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing, everything is fine. I've just been waiting a long time for this moment." He leaned in and placed his head on mine. "In two days you will be mine, and I can't wait to ravish you." I felt chills run down my spine. I thought of all the things I wanted this man to do to me. He pressed his lips to mine and wished that Friday would come right at this very moment.

He pulled away and I felt sad that he wasn't touching me anymore. "Alright that's enough slacking off. Today's is your last day and I won't go easy on you." We continued my training and as he promised he did not go easy on me.

After we finished Kaine drove me to my house. When he pulled into my driveway I was upset that the ride was so short. He turned to me and reached over and picked me up so that I was now straddling his lap."Tomorrow I know you have a lot to prepare and I have things I have to do as well so I won't see you, but I will see you Friday at your party." I was sad that I wasn't going to see him tomorrow but it was taken over by the excitement that the next time I see him I'll recognize him as my mate.

As I was thinking of this I didn't realize that Kaine had brought his face closer to mine. So close that I could feel his breath on my face. I looked into his eyes and I saw that they darkened. I decided to be bold and leaned in to close the little bit of space between us. When our lips pressed I got that familiar feeling I felt anytime we touched. It didn't take long for Kaine to respond to the kiss. The kiss started to get more heated and I felt him press me down further on his lap.