Chapter Two

Bryan's P.O.V.

"HELP! HELP ME PLEASE!" I scream. I'm standing in the middle of the road, in the pouring rain. My father is in critical condition and nothing is around me...not a single building. I put my hands on my face and I realize that I am crying. I start running again and I see a small light. I run towards the light and follow it. I go behind some trees to see a house...well mansion in front of me. Thank God! I start running towards the door and I bang on it as hard as I can.

"IS ANYONE THERE!?" "PLEASE HELP ME!" I bang on it again and the door opens....on its own. "Ok then." I walk inside the house and it's dark; no lights on. "Who lives without lights?" I see a light switch and I go to it. I turn it on. "There we go". I turn back around to see a old man standing in the middle of the hallway.

"AHHHHHHHH!" "What are you doing in my house?", the old man says. "I..I was in an accident. My father is injured. I need a phone please". "Hmmmm...I guess you can use it. I shouldn't considering you entered into my house without permission". "It's over there". He points to a phone sitting on a chair. "Thank you so much." "Uh Huh".

1 Year Later

"Mom! Where is the lighter for the grill!?" "I don't know! This is your house!". Shaking my head. I'm having a family get together for the summer and a house warming party. I moved a couple months ago to start fresh again. The accident that my father and I were in was just weird and scary so I just wanted to TRY and start my mind over fresh. I moved to another lawyer firm so I decided to move to make it easier to get to work. The door bell rung. Before I could get to the door, I hear arguing. I open the door and it's Patrick and his wife, Keisha.

"I told you! I told you to bring my vitamins! Do you know that it is critical that I take them!?" "Yea, babe" Patrick says and rolls his eyes. "Then why didn't you bring them! Do you want me and your baby to be healthy?!" "Yes, I do". Patrick and Keisha love each other a lot even though they argue sometimes. But her being 5 months pregnant does not help at all with it.

So I decided to step in. "Ummmm...Hey guys". "Oh, hey Bryan!", Keisha said. "Sorry about that" She gives me a hug and walk in the house. "Ooooo! Nice!" "Thanks. Wassup bro!?" "Yo, nothing much". Patrick said. We hug and walk in the house. "Okay. My little brother gots it going on!" "Yeah". My mom comes up from the basement. "Hi Pat" "Hey momma" They hug. "Hi Keisha! How's my daugher and grandchild doing!?" She hugs Keisha. "Great. Really Great" "Well, that's good".

"Alright, let's get the grub going" I say. "Hell Yeah...I'm starving!", said Patrick. We were about to go outside until the door bell rung again. "Coming! Pat go out and start the fire". "Will do". I run to the door and open it. "Hiiiiii!" "Hey Marisa!"

Marisa and I have been friends since we were 12 years old. She been there for me everytime I needed her. "Beautiful home, Bry!" "Thanks. We were just about to start the grill." "Good. I'm starving." "Yeah. I think everyone is". "Yeah." She smiles. "Umm.. Where's the bathroom?" "Oh, down that hallway and on the left". "Okay thanks". She walks away and Keisha walk up to me. "Why don't you ask her out?" "What?" "Why don't you ask her out?" "Because we're friends and I don't even like her like that." "Mmmm" "I don't!" "And plus she has a boyfriend". "Alright then. I'm just saying...this house is too big for just one person." She walks away.....