Chapter Three

David's P.O.V.

I pull up to my son's new house. He invited me to his housewarming/family gathering. I'm a bit nervous since I haven't seen his family in a while. I walk up to the door and ring the door bell. the door opens and it's my son, Bryan. "Hey Dad! Glad you could make it" "Hey Bryan. Good to be here". "Come in. Food is ready and everything." "Okay".

I walk in and sit down in the living room. I haven't been around Bryan's family in a long time and I pretty much prepared for any hate I get. I mean, who could blame them. I look over at Adrian. God, she's still beautiful. People wonder why I haven't married again or even thought about dating after my turn around. It's beacuse of that woman right there. I want to tell how I feel even after all these years but I don't know how. And even though she's forgiven me, I know she still has thoughts and feeling of her own. She glances my way and we stare   After eating, surprisinly, alot of Bryan's aunts and uncles came up to me and we just started talking. I told them about me being a born again Christian and turning my life around.

Eventually, family started to leave. I stayed around to help clean up. Bryan says, "Hey dad, you don't have to help, I got it". "No, it's okay, I want to". "He said he doesn't need your help." Patrick says behind me. "Patrick, shut up and get out". "It's cool. Me and Keshia were leaving anyway. Later Bro. Come one Keshia". Keshia gets up, says goodbye and they leave. Then my mom gets up. "Well, I better be leaving too. Bye Bryan....David." "Bye Mom". She leaves.

"Sorry about that", Bryan says. "It's okay. I get where they're coing from". I sweep the floor, take out the trash and put everything back in place. "Thanks for the help". "You're welcome son". "So, I wanted to talk you". "About what. Is something wrong?" "No, nothing is wrong. It's just...I wanted to know how you've REALLY been since....you know....the accident."

"Well, I mean I've been doing okay...the therapy was hell but I'm fine." "Good. I've been okay. It's just, I've been having horrible like dreams." "Dreams...about the accident." "Yea but worse." "I can't explain it though. I wake up sweating and screaming." "Bryan, how long as this been going on." "Several months." "Oh my...have you been to the do.." "I've already been. The doctor says it's all in my head and it should go away....but I don't know how much longer I can take this, Dad." "It's going to be okay, son." "I know it is"