have you ever|nba youngboy x liltjay. (1/4)

"Maybe I can treat you way better than your man
I pull up in that lamb, let you drive me around
I put my flex down, every time I'm in your town
Ain't gotta move too fast baby let me make you smile."
~
I applied my last touch of highlighter right below my eyebrow, before closing the pallet. I take one last look in the mirror and soon questioned why I applied makeup in the first place; I was going to sweat it all out anyway.

"Girl, I can't find my wristband." My friend, Diamond, said.

"Please, tell me you didn't lose you lost it. It's our ticket." I rolled my eyes, still looking in the mirror. "We're not going to be able to get backstage, without it."

"Stop capping, your boyfriend is going to be able to get us in." 

"Not if we don't have the ticket with our faces on it. His whole team has one, it's like your proof of identity and that you belong backstage," I said, turning away from the mirror. "It's proof that you're either performing or a member of the performer's crew."

"That's stupid. They should already know he's performing and who we are. It's Lil Tjay and your face is all on his Instagram. Who doesn't know him?"  She questioned.

"Sis, not all security guards know the latest rap tunes or have Insta-"

"I found it!" She exclaimed, rising up from underneath the bed.

I rolled my eyes again. Diamond could be so irresponsible at times. Her misplacing things were normal to me since we've been living in a together since our freshmen year of college. Our friendship has grown tremendously since then. We were the ying and yang, the moon and the sun, I was Winter she was Summer. Opposites but yet the same. The areas she lacked were the areas I had strength in and vice versa.  I was the laid back, the 'it-is-what-it-is' friend while Diamond was the friend that would smack you upside the head if you breathed too hard. However, whenever you had problems with one you definitely had problems with the other. If she jumped, I was right along with her and not even knowing what I was getting myself in to at times. With Diamond sometimes you'd never know what you're in for. Nevertheless, it was nice to have a personal friend. A loyal one at that, too.

"Well, come on, we gotta go see Tione before he gives me shit about being late." I said.

I watched as Diamond took one last look in the mirror. She gazed at her outfit before pulling up her pants and pulling down her crop top.

"You know a crop top is supposed to expose your stomach, right?" I said. "That's why it's a. Crop. Top."

"I know, but I don't wanna show too much skin, and give these bums an invitation to try to touch me," She responded. "I don't wanna have to smack a nigga today, not again."

"You not going to smack anyone. If I have to behave, then so do you."

"You right," She agreed. "Besides, I got a couple wet wipes case a bum try to touch me."

I stared at her blankly as she looked at me waiting for a response.

"It's a song," She said.

"By Nicki Minaj," she added, seeing that I was still confused.

Failing to understand the awkward joke, I suggested that we get in the car and make our way to the festival. I couldn't believe that I was finally going to Rolling Loud after so many years, let alone for free. I definitely couldn't believe that my boyfriend was performing in it. It was like the COACHELLA for Hip Pop.