one

New York City was not a place for a girl from the Outer Banks, but that was where Summer had spent the last nine months.

The journey wasn't long and as soon as she stepped out of the ferry from Chapel Hill, she took in the sea breeze she had missed so much.

The last time she was there her hair was shorter, lighter, she was tanned and wearing a bandana in her hair, her best friend's bandana. But even in her Chanel clothes, everyone recognised her.

Looking around she spotted a familiar face, the person that used to look the same as her, her twin brother Topper. As soon as the boy saw her, he ran towards the girl with his arms open for her to jump in them.

He was taller and even more handsome. Their hair and skin wasn't the same colour anymore, but the sun would fix that quick.

"I think you need to take those heels off" Topper said whe he looked at his sister's outfit. Not many people wore stilettos when almost all you can do in the Outer Banks is surfing and going to the beach.

"Yeah probably" she said looking at her black heels. She wasn't the same girl that left nine months ago on the outside, but no one could change Summer's inside, not even the big city.

Topper grabbed his sister's suitcase with one hand and passed the other round her shoulders. A few moments later they met with a woman, very well known woman for them, their mother Cynthia.

"Hello mother" Summer stepped in front of her and her mother just scanned her outfit

"Congratulations on your marks, Summer. We are very proud" Cynthia simply said and turned around on her way to the car.

That was all Summer was, a trophy. Her destiny was going to Yale and be the best businesswoman of the country. That was why she went to New York.

Topper knew how hard this was for his sister and just hugged her. Summer was under too much pressure.

• • •

Summer looked at the giant villa in front of her, the house she used to call home. Her family was the second wealthiest in Figure Eight, just after the Cameron's.

She didn't want to be there, she wanted to see her friends, her real friends and Summer knew exactly were to look for them.

Not even bothering to change her clothes she took off in search of her Pogue friends. Everyone in the Outer Banks knew she was friends with them, but not one of the Kooks said anything, she was Kook princess and everyone loved her. The perfect girl.

If someone had told Summer nine months ago that she would be walking through Figure Eight's streets with Chanel clothes and black stilettos, she would have said they were crazy, but there she was. She had been walking with those heels through Manhattan's streets, compared to that Figure Eight was a piece of cake.

She knew she found her friends when she spotted the rusty VW van she grew to love through the years.

Summer finally had to take off her heels to climb the fence to get into the house in contruction, but she did it heels in hand and not even touching her expensive clothes. Inside she put her heels back, she liked a good dramatic entrance.

The four teens could hear the clicking of her heels from inside the house and stayed in complete silence, the didn't know anyone in the island to walk in a pair of those.

As soon as she stepped in the backyard a beer flew from above to Summer's feet.

"That was not the welcome I expected" she said and as soon as everyone recognised her they literally jumped on top of her