Figures

I've got a boyfriend now and he's made of goldAnd you've got your own mistakes in a bed at homeI'm hoping you could save me now, but you break and foldYou've got a fire inside, but your heart's so cold

And you've got your own mistakes in a bed at home
I'm hoping you could save me now, but you break and fold
You've got a fire inside, but your heart's so cold

FLASHBACK One Year Ago
MOVIE THEATER LOBBY
Jay stands alongside her date, Hugh, 21, waiting in a long line to buy tickets. They stand under the marquee, looking out at the street and the passing crowds. Hugh has a look of contentment on his face. The couple kiss one another. A woman behind them glares and makes a face, jealous and irritated by their public affection. They don't notice the look she gives them.

"You ever play the "trade game"," Jay asks, pulling away from the steamy kiss. "No. What is it," he asks, curious. "It's a people watching game. My cousin and I used to play it when we were bored," she replies.

"You're bored right now," he teases her with a smile. Jay smiles and shakes her head in playful frustration. "No. Shut up. Let me finish," she says, stern but loving. "Alright, how do we play," he asks, interested.

"Okay. You start by watching the crowd. Casually scope out the people around us," she begins. Hugh turns and looks at the people at the rear of the line - then toward a group near the lobby. "Ok," he says.

"Now without telling me, pick one person that you'd like to trade places with. It could be anybody. For whatever reason," she continues. Hugh nods and scans the crowd. "Okay. I got one," he announces. "So now I get two guesses who you picked and why trade places with 'em," she continues to explain the rules.

"Alright. Good luck," he plants a kiss on her temple. Smiling, Jay does the same as he did, looking around the crowds of people on the street. She zeroes in on a very large man with a long beard. "Him," she giggles and points casually at the big man. Hugh looks and laughs, shaking his head. "No," he says.

"You could pick up cars and throw them if you were that guy," she defends her choice. "Yeah, but he's not my pick," he replies. They both move up in line.

Waiting in line for popcorn with Hugh, Jay looks around the elegant lobby. She notices a well dressed man talking to a hot blonde. "That guy," she says. Hugh shakes his head - no. "I figured you'd wanna sleep with the hot blonde," she continues.

"Nope. She's not even cute," he replies, causing her to roll her eyes. He is clearly lying about the woman's attractiveness. "Ok. Who was your trade," she asks, curious. Hugh looks over at a couple standing by the stairs with their little boy - feeding him movie theater junk food. "Him," he answers.

"The dad," she asks, slightly moved by his choice. "No. The son. How cool would it be to have your whole life ahead of you," he says. Jay shrugs - thinking about it. "Come on. It's not like you're an old man. You're only 21," she says.

At the time Jay was only 15. How rebellious of her. "I know. But look how happy that kid is. Plus, at that age you can go to the bathroom anytime you want. Total freedom," he replies.