Jeff Redmond

Sometimes it feels like I've got a war in my mindI want to get off but I keep riding the rideI never really notice that I had to decideTo play someone's game or to live my own life and now I doI want to moveOut of the black (out of the black)Into ...

I want to get off but I keep riding the ride
I never really notice that I had to decide
To play someone's game or to live my own life and now I do
I want to move
Out of the black (out of the black)
Into to the blue (into the blue)

LIVING ROOM
Charlie watches a baseball game on the flatscreen T.V., sipping his beer. Suddenly, Jay charges down the stairs, angry. Bella awkwardly follows, trying her best to look upset. "Leave me the fuck alone," Jay exclaims. "Jay, I'm sorry. I-I-," Bella slicks her hair back, stuttering.

"No! I'm sick and tired of this. Of you. Of this house. I'm done," she exclaims, rushing to the door. Charlie rises, concerned and baffled. "Jay? Bella? What happened," he asks. Bella stands on top of the stares, watching her dad block Jay's path.

"I have to get out of this place. Out of Forks. I'm out. Now. I'm going back home," Jay replies, continuing her performance. "Your mother's not even in Phoenix," he tells her. "She'll come home. I'll call her from the road," she replies.

"You can't drive home now. You don't have a car. I'll take you to the airport in the morning," he tries to convince her to stay a day longer. "I'll borrow Bella's truck. I want to drive. I need time to think. I'll pull into a motel in a few hours. I promise," she declines his offer.

Jay walks around her uncle with him on her heels. She's almost at the door when he blocks her again.
"Jay, I know I'm not around much, but I can change that. We can do more things together. Please, whatever it is, work it out with Bella. It's not worth you leaving," he says.

She takes a breath, hating herself for what she's about to say to him. "Like watch more baseball on the flat screen? Or go to the Coffee Shop? Same people, same steak, same berry cobbler every night? That's you, Charlie. Not me. That's not Bella. That's no one but you.," she immediately regrets her words once she sees his face.

This hits Charlie hard. She can't stand seeing his pained expression, so she she pulls on the front door as he takes a second to recover. "Jay, I just got you and Bella back," he whispers.

This breaks her heart, but she needs to leave. Her life and the life of others depend on it. "I need to leave, if not.. if not I'm just going to end up stuck here, like Bella's mom," she delivers the final blow.

Charlie stands stunned and wounded. She takes advantage of his shock to push past him out the door. Stunned, Bella watches from the top of the stairs. Jay turns her head to look at her cousin and mouths, "I'm sorry."

DRIVEWAY
Jaime Height exits and heads to Bella's red truck. Fresh tears spring to her eyes as she opens the driver's side door. After she gets inside, she starts the car and begins to back up. Throwing his arm over the passenger seat, he looks back, guiding the car backwards. Classical music plays from the radio.