SCREAM

Don't turn aroundI'll bury you deepWhispers turn to screamsYou belong to me

Don't turn around
I'll bury you deep
Whispers turn to screams
You belong to me

FLASHBACK One Year Ago
PAUL'S CAR
Paul drives the car, staring at the dark road ahead. Yara snores in the passenger seat as an open bag of potato snacks sit on her lap. Jay and Kelly are crammed in the back, along with their luggage. Not even a week has passed since the incident with Hugh. "Um... Paul," Jay asks, facing Paul. "Yeah," he hums. "Your mom's not gonna freak out, is she," she asks, making sure. "She won't even know," he replies, smiling.

"It's really nice of you guys," she whispers, looking at her friends. "Of course. This will be our mini vacation," Kelly places her hand over Jays. "I love coming up here. Our dad used to take us hunting a couple times a year. It's not like super nice, but it's cool," he replies, smiling at her through the car mirror. She nods and smiles, leaning closer to Kelly.

Jay takes a pill from her purse and swallows the pill with some water. Paul peeks at her out of the corner of his eye as the highway signs pass by. There's only miles of road ahead. His car drives up the scenic, northern stretch of I-75. Giant stretches of forest and clear lakes line the road as the sun rises higher over the trees.

HIGH SCHOOL - PARKING LOT
Jaime Heigh stands in the exact spot of the cat accident as Bella stands with her friend group. Frowning, her fingers trace a yellow bruise that sits on her pale arm. Behind her on the lawn, several classes congregate, gathering for a field trip. Mr. Molina is in charge. "Make sure I get your permission slips," the biology teacher instructs. Jay is too lost in thought to hear him speaking.

FLASHBACK One Year Ago
LAKE HOUSE
Paul's convertible car arrives in front of a lake house surrounded by open fields. Beyond the house is a medium-sized lake. The gang start to climb out, stretching in the morning sun. Paul unlocks the door and steps inside. Inside, there's a living room.

Sitting on the floor, Jay plays with a loose thread in her hoodie. She speaks into an old 70's-style phone receiver. "Hello, yes, um, this is Mrs. Height. I'm calling to let you know that my daughter Jaime Height is sick with the flu and she's gonna be out for a few days - uh maybe longer," she speaks into the phone.

"Uh huh. Yeah. I know. It's the season change I guess. Ok well, thank you. Bye," she disconnects the call. She sees Kelly frying some bacon at the stove, while making pancakes for the group. She watches her Jay from across the room. A radio on the counter plays an old rock tune. Yara dances by herself to the music, snacking on bacon as she reads her ebook. Swaying and stepping, her moves are intentionally silly. Paul drinks a beer on the couch, staring at Kay whenever possible. Her beauty always manages to somehow catch everyone's attention.

Family photos of Kelly, Tara and Paul and their parents line the walls. Old remnants of joyful times litter the room. Placing down phone, Jay stands at the edge of the kitchen, looking out the window. She watches the empty field, driveway and lake. Birds chirp happily in the distance. The view is to die for.