chapter 28

Noah POV

My back aches as I sit at the dinning table for dinner and stretch.

The rogues, Eliana's old pack is crazy and the warnings they keep sending are going to push me over the edge. Shit, I'm tired of them.

She's going to join my pack and have nothing to do with them anyway.

My eyes look around for Eliana around the room but to no avail.

She's usually never late to dinner. Alyssa and Beth steal her away and now I can't even see her on time during her favorite meal of the day?

Are they holding her captive? Do I have to go up there and get her?

A loud laugh echoes from the hallway into the dinning room as Beth, Alyssa and Eliana following close behind them walk into the room.

"I hate that you're kinda funny, you know that?" Beth says to Eliana. She shrugs.

"No one told you to laugh." She replies, heading over to a spot with them to sit at the table.

But I have one right here next to me.

I shake my head.

It's good she's making friends. I didn't expect Beth but nevertheless, I want her to be happy with the whole pack.

Our eyes meet just as she sits down next to Alyssa. She smiles at me and sends me a small wave. My hand comes up without my permission and curls towards me, gesturing her to come here.

Oh no, what have I done?

Exactly what I wanted to do.

She grins and gets up, telling her friends. They look over at me and I lift the corner of my lips. Alyssa frowns and Beth sends a thumbs down at me.

She's my mate. I want her near me. They can wait, a little. A lot.

Eliana smiles as she slips into the seat I kicked Hunter out of for her.

"You were late today so I'm guessing you had fun with them." I say. Eliana scoffs.

"They're annoying." She says, shaking her head. I stare down at the grin on her lips.

"Sure they are." Some dinner rolls are passed around the table. Eliana grabs the bowl from the member next to her and puts 4 on her plate, offering me it next.

I smile. She looks away from me and pouts.

"Don't look like that." She says, starting on her rolls as I put 3 down on my plate. She'll probably want more later.

"Like what?" I lean in closer to her as she shys away from me.

So cute.

"Can you guys stop that? Some of us are trying to eat." Kai says, and the table erupts in laughter. I glare at him. He shrugs and turns his attention to his suddenly very interesting fork.

Dinner comes out as the low scent of pasta and sauce from before fills the air. I glance at Eliana, who stares at Ace as he puts the food in the middle of the table.

I send a glare towards him as well. His eyes meet mine and he flinches back seeing my eyes on him. He takes a sharp turn to the opposite end of the table and Eliana's eyes stays on the food.

I love to fatten her up. I want her to eat to the size she's comfortable with, whether that's fat, skinny, whatever, I'll take it all. She deserves to enjoy basic meals after the way she had been treated.

The spaghetti bowls are passed around.

"Where'd you guys learn how to cook so well?" She asks, suddenly as she waits for a bowl to come around to her.