chapter 39

Eliana POV

I stare at the faces of my mate's parents as they stand across from us in the rarely used living room. The air is tense as Noah glares at them and they give him a hard stare back.

Are they going to fight?

"Stop acting like a baby and come give your pa and ma a hug." His father says, opening his arms wide. Noah scoffs shaking his head walking into his dad's hold. A loud grunt is heard as they collide and the small mother makes her way in between them, joining in on the hug.

Aw.

Family is nice. Some of best people you will know in your life. Even though I never quite got one, I'm glad Noah has people who love him so much.

"Ok, ok, get off of me. Please." Noah groans as he ducks out of the hug. His parents laugh as Noah fixes his hair.

"This is Eliana, my mate." Noah says, bringing a hand to the small of my back. I flinch as he pushes me towards them.

"Hey." I smile at them, sending them a small wave.

"Hello, honey. I'm Eve, this is my husband, Thomas." Noah's light-skinned mother comes to me, her short brown hair bounces behind her. She stands a little shorter than me as I look down to her slightly.

"We've heard so much about you. Let's sit and talk." She grabs hold of my upper arm as the guys follow behind us. I look over my shoulder to see Noah staring at me with a smirk on his face.

I fall back into a couch before I'm sure what's going on. Noah's mom sits beside me. Noah and his father sit across from us.

"Let me hug you." Noah's mom says, wrapping her arms around my shoulders and pressing her cheek on to mine.

I sit stunned, letting my arms pat her back. I look over to Noah and see him chuckling, his father sits beside him, tall with his brown skin reflecting the sun off his face.

That's not intimidating at all.

Noah's mom pulls back, looking me up and down.

"You've gone through too much baby. We saw you that night you came here. It's obvious you were running from something. I hope Noah's taken good care of you." She sends a look at Noah and he lifts his hands in surrender.

"Of course I have. I wouldn't let a fly hurt her." A deep laugh echoes in the air and my eyes snap to Noah's father who holds his stomach, unable to contain himself.

"You really think you're all grown up don't you?" He says, patting Noah's back. His mother chuckles as well.

"We didn't just come here to laugh and joke with you guys. You know about the people leaving things on our land by now, right?" Eve says, the light atmosphere fills with tension. Noah clenches his jaw.

"Of course I do, I'm taking care of it." He says. I swallow.

They're talking about Moonstribe.

"Good, because we left this pack to all in your hands. You can't visit anymore packs until you solve this problem. You shouldn't have been visiting our neighbors anyway." Thomas speaks up. Noah sighs.

"I've heard it all before. I can't leave my pack, I haven't even tried since the first one." He says.

"Have you stopped searching for them?" Thomas asks as Noah turns towards him, glaring.

"Can you not bring that up right now?" Noah says. His dad frowns.

"How long are you going to talk about that? It's all in the past now." Thomas whispers. Noah stands up, facing his father.

"I'm not giving up on Samantha, even if you guys did."

I watch with wide eyes as Thomas gets up and steps close to his son.

"I never gave up. Me and your mother forgave ourselves. We never blamed you. You have to forgive yourself too." Eve stands up and pushes the two apart.

"Are you going to fight about this again? In front of his mate? C'mon, Tom. We'll see you again, Noah, Eliana." Thomas storms out of the room, as Eve nods to me and puts a hand on Noah's shoulder.

"I can tell you love this girl by the mark here, don't shut her out because of the hate in your heart. I'll see you soon son." With that, Eve turns and follows after her husband.

I look back towards Noah, jumping up from my seat and to his side. I grab his hand, holding it tight as he glances at me, breathing heavily.

"It's ok, Noah." I pull him in gently as he takes heavy steps towards me, dropping his forehead on my shoulder. I hold his hand as he leans against me.

"Why's it so hard for them to understand?" He whispers, his vice cracking mid-sentence.

"They think forgetting is best for you." I bring a hand to his back and stroke.

"It's impossible to forget it, Eliana. I can't. I can't." His arms come up and pull me into his chest, tight as I hold him as well.

"It's ok not to forget either. Just find it in you to forgive yourself. Your parents are right." I whisper, as his racing heart beats heavy against mine.

I don't want him to blame himself for the rest of his life.

"I just want to fight for her. I didn't do it back then, but I can now." He nods to himself, pulling back from me and holding my shoulders in his hands. I nod.

However he wishes to get closure, I hope it works for him. I don't want Noah broken over this.

"Let's go get breakfast then. I love to eat with a sour taste in my mouth." He smiles and grabs my wrists, pulling me to the dining room.

"Yeah, I could really eat right now." I agree, hurrying to catch up with his pace. He turns and rolls his eyes.

"It's like I disappear when food is around. Who do you love better? Me or a bowl of pasta?" I freeze, looking away from Noah's eyes.

He can't just put me on the spot like this. This isn't fair.

"I don't think you should be comparing yourself with a bowl of pasta." I try to laugh off, Noah scoffs.

"So the pasta?" He laughs and continues pulling me forward. I chuckle.

That's way too hard to answer. He has to chill.

"Whatever. Let's just go." I grin, hurrying ahead of him as he pouts behind me.

I'll always be here to support him.
_______________________________________
22.9k ~ 7/2/20

Hey guys thanks for all your support.

Update: the 4th

XO.