Chapter 8🍭

Same day, later:

The raining had stopped, but the streets were wet. The sun was shining.

Chase ran his hand through his red hair and closed his eyes.

"Hey."

Chase opened his baby blue eyes and looked up at the familair voice. "Heh. You kept me waiting, Tom." Chase laughed. "So, is this about Myles?" Tom replied and sat down next to Chase on the bench which was luckly dry. "Yeah...I'm kinda worried about him." Chase said and sighed.

"(y/n), huh? Up until now I had only seen one guy obsessed with his ex-girlfriend, but not something like this." Tom said as he raised his eyebrow and chuckled a little.

"Well...It's possible. I'm sure Myles doesn't have any bad intentions for her. So far I know, Myles isn't like that." Chase said. "Jake thinks different about that." Tom said as he kicked a little stone that laid by his feet.

"Can't blame him. Wouldn't want any weirdo near your sister, right?" Chase said, glancing towards Tom. Tom laughed a little in response. "Of course not." He muttered.

"Are we in the right position to interfere?" Chase asked. "Anyone should interfere in things like these." Tom replied.

"You are Jake's friend, I'm Myles' friend...We are each other's bestfriends too. We can't just stand by and do nothing." Tom grinned. Chase playfully slapped Tom's back. "Don't back off later!" Chase smiled. "Nah, do you know who you are talking to?" Tom smirked.

"Did you know...-?...I feel like I shouldn't be saying this...but Myles has a possessive personality disorder and
(y/n) seems to have triggered that. Myles told me that he sees (y/n) as his little sister and that Jake doesn't deserve her. He is...possessive and sometimes doesn't read a situation right and then makes a fuss." Chase said. Tom listened interested as he blinked a few times.

Chase tilted his head back and looked at the sky which was clearing more and more from the clouds.

"There was one day...years ago...We were five years old. I played with some guys. Myles hated them, but I didn't know...because- man, he kinda hated all his classmates!" Chase laughed a little and then continued.

"Well, Myles at first didn't want to hang out with me too, but I kind of made it my goal to befriend this anti-social guy. Anyway, Myles clenched his tiny fists and started yelling at me. He said I betrayed him and was crying. Yup, he is possessive. But he seems to be more dangerously possessive and obsessive over (y/n). Myles is a bit crazy, but a great and loyal friend." Chase said.

"I see...Thanks for telling me. I think I may understand him a bit better now. I have only seen him, never talked to him." Tom said.

Tom put his hand on Chase's shoulder. Chase looked at him. "Let's save our friends." Tom said. "And the little princess." Chase added with a smile. Tom smiled back. "And the little princess!" Tom shouted.