Chapter Five• A dream about Camp Half-Blood

Nico's dream started like a lot of his dreams did: He was somewhere in Camp Half-Blood, reliving memories.

In this particular memory-dream he was racing up the climbing wall with Jason, although none of them were actually climbing. Jason used the winds to fly up the wall, and Nico shadow travelled to the top. Unfortunately for Nico, Jason won.

"So much for shadow travel being the best form of traveling.", Jason said with a smirk, as Nico arrived on the top platform.

"It's not my fault there aren't enough shadows up here. Also, I never said that it's the best, I said that it was the fastest."

Jason gave him an amused look and Nico realised his mistake.

"Which, I realise now, still means I'm wrong"

"That is correct, Shawty.", Jason answered and both of them chuckled.

"C'mon, let's get back down. How about we do another round, but this time we actually climb?" Jason suggested.

"Why would we climb?"

"Because I don't want to get in trouble with Will because you used your powers to much", Jason said half-jokingly and flew back down. Nico used that bit of Shadow that got him on top of the platform and stepped back inside of it. One more shadow travel certainly wouldn't kill him.

Instead of landing at the bottom of the platform, Nico landed in a bed in the Infirmary. Nico could tell it was a different time of day, by the way the sun was standing and falling into the room. He had a bandage around his left arm and he could feel a cut healing underneath that.

"This game was so unfair.", someone somewhere in the infirmary said.

"For real, I think Chiron should stop Poseidon, Zeus, and Hades from teaming up. We were defeated from the get go!"

Nico realised the memory he was reliving had switched, which wasn't a bad thing. He was now reliving the time Jason, Piper, Annabeth and Percy had visited for the weekend and teamed up with him on capture the flag. All four of them had just finished some high-school exams and then were in desperate need for some action.

Nico had retrieved the flag in last game of capture the flag, so it was up to him to find allies. When Jason, Piper, Percy and Annabeth arrived, the boys communicated with one look, that they'd be fighting together. Piper managed to get the Aphrodite kids on their team and Nico had recruited the Apollo Kids. Athena's cabin had already made allyship with Hermes', so Annabeth was on the opposing team.

Needless to say, that Nico's team won the game, although it was an Aphrodite kid who actually captured the flag. Annabeth had made elaborate plans on how to take Jason, Percy, Piper and Nico out. That however meant she and everyone else were overly focused on them, allowing everyone else to slip through, which is why the Aphrodite kid got the flag.

His dream was an almost perfect replica of his memory from after the match, however someone was missing.

"Can anyone tell me where Will is?", Nico asked into the seemingly empty infirmary.

"He's in our Cabin I think.", Gracie, Will's younger sister, shouted from somewhere in the infirmary.

Nico stood up and immediately was outside of the infirmary. His hand was healed and it was now early afternoon. He walked in the direction of the cabins, and saw some campers, including Drew and Butch, who were discussing something while repeatedly pointing to either the beach or the lake.

After a short while of walking, he finally arrived in front of the Apollo-Cabin, where he heard two voices discuss something. One of the voices belonged to Austin, Will's younger brother, Nico was sure of that. He however wasn't sure whose voice the second one was.

"All I'm saying is that everyone needs a little time for himself. We can ask Chiron if he knows when he's back, because I'm sure he will know.", the unknown voice said.

"If you say so. I just wished he'd leave us a note or something like that.", Austin answered.

Nico didn't know what was going on. This wasn't one of his memories he was reliving and he highly doubted these were someone else's. He decided to go inside the cabin, since maybe this was that kind of dream where he could talk to people. So, Nico opened the door and stepped inside the Apollo-Cabin, to offer his help with whatever problem they could be having, but found himself in a new environment yet again, only this time it was completely unknown to him.

The room Nico found himself in was a conference room, that had seven people sitting around a table. The conference room was on a high floor of a skyscraper, so high that he couldn't see the city underneath them, he could only see clouds.

Nico looked around the room and realised, that he couldn't see the faces of the attendees. It seemed like there was a bright light in front of their heads, that didn't hurt to look into, but that did stop anyone from seeing these people's faces.

"It is all in motion now, we have One, Three, Four and Five, Two is still loose however, which messes with the time table.", a female voice said.

"I will take care of securing Two.", an old and yet somehow intimidating sounding man said.

"You'll need to hurry up with that if you want me to deliver on time. My research depends on him and Three.", another male voice said.

"You'll have him by the end of next week.", the old man answered.

"The others are coming along just fine by the way. Except Three actually, but we did expect that so I think-"

Nico's dream froze, like someone had pressed pause on a film. The space around him that had just been a conference room now was purely white and Nico had the feeling he was floating, as well as having strange pressure on him, especially his ears, and not being able to hear very well. It felt like he was underwater, a feeling he hadn't experienced in a long time.

A man appeared in front of him. He was tall, had paper white skin and a big head. The man had a hood covering half his face, which he now took off. Nico was shocked to see, that the skull of that man was basically see through, allowing his to see the man's brain through his skull.

"What do we have here? A curious little Demigod?", he chuckled.

Nico wanted to say something and to get away from this man, but he couldn't open his mouth or move any other part of his body.

"Not so fast, little Demigod.", the man said and lifted a hand to his head. "Psymon says wake up."

Nico woke up, covered in sweat.

He didn't know what to make of his dream, especially the last two parts with the weird conference room and the man named Psymon.

He started to get the sneaking suspicion that things were weirder in the future than he initially thought and that maybe the Waynes weren't the only ones he should keep a close eye on.

He sat down at his desk and wrote his dream down in the journal he had been writing about his thoughts on the future and on the Waynes, hoping to make sense of all of this somehow. He remembered the note telling Nico to IM the person who wrote the note and now was 100% sure he needed to visit Camp Half-Blood as soon as possible, to get help with decoding his dream, to find out who wrote that note and to check in on his friends in case they were still alive.

The only thing Nico wasn't sure about yet was how on earth he would explain this all to Bruce, without revealing that he was a Demigod. Nico had the feeling that Bruce had already grown protective over Nico and so suggesting to go visit that side of the family that he had just told him was fine with letting him live "on the streets" maybe wasn't the best idea, although it was as close to the truth he could get.

He came to the conclusion to get a snack and think about it while eating. Dreaming weird and mysterious dreams usually made him hungry and food helped him think, so he took his notebook and went down the "secret passage" to the pantry.