Chapter Sixteen

Thank you @torimaju for this wonderful cover❤❤

Nathaniel glanced at his watch, checking the time

Nathaniel glanced at his watch, checking the time. He had only an hour left, before he returns back to his office for a meeting. And Samantha was already Ten minutes late. He knew something must have detained her since she was as punctual as she was honest, and loyal.

Pacing the hallway outside the licensing office in the Branding Jude courthouse, he mulled over the changes of the past few days. For the first time in nearly a week, he'd slept soundly. The erotic fantasies involving Samantha that had hounded him for several restless nights had eased. When hr went to bed, he closed his eyes half fearing she'd stroll into his mind, bold as can be.

A vivid vision of her made nightly appearances since he'd kissed her. She would smile at him, slow and sweet, and then his imagination would take over, tormenting him for hours on end.

He needed Samantha. Not for the physical release her body would yield him, although that was part of it. He needed her the way a man needs substance; Fresh air. Water. Food. She was a part of his life now. An important part. Just as she was vital to his children, Samantha was vital to him. His world revolved around her. He woke in the morning and his first thoughts were of her.

Several times during the workdays he found himself looking at his wristwatch and calculating his long it would be before he returns home. He wasn't sure when all this had started to happen or even if it was a good thing. All he knew was that it was going on.

Did he love Samantha?

Nathaniel doesn't know. Certainly what he felt for her was unlike his love for Natasha. Nathaniel loved Natasha all through his whole heart. In a way he knew Natasha would have approved of him marrying Samantha.

To Nathaniel way of thinking, if he married the second time, Samantha was the perfect match. For the obvious reasons, yes, but the not so obvious ones, too.

"Nathaniel," Samantha sigh his name as she hurried down the wide courthouse corridor, walking at a clipped pace. "I'm sorry I'm late."

She looked nice, Nathaniel noted. Her hair was combed stylishly and she wore a cotton dress, belted at the middle in a simple but flattering design.