Chapter 25: Married Life

A warm light shine through the white curtains in the room. I slowly opened my eyes and turned to my side. Tori is still sleeping, her back facing me.

We've been staying in this cabin for five days and I feel really happy. It's like we just got married and we have the whole world just to ourselves.

I would still call Rey everyday to check on the café. Reporters are still lurking around the café waiting for the return of its owner.

I got a call from Jordan one night and he was frantic with everything that happened. He said he'll be back in the city sometime next month. As for my dad, I think he still doesn't know. Maybe he got deployed in some place where news won't reach him, that's a good thing for now.

I scooted towards Tori and hugged her. I love her broad shoulders, it gives me comfort and security all at the same time. I leaned my head on the back of her shoulders and enjoyed her warmth.

"You're awake?" Tori said with a sleepy voice, trying to look at her back with her half opened eyes.

"Ummm hmm" my response as I burry my face to her back.

She turned towards me and wrapped her arms around, as I lay my head on her arm.

"Good morning" she said after placing a kiss on my forehead. I just smiled and continued to feel her embrace.

"What do you want to eat?" I asked. She smirked and rolled on top of me.

"You know what I want to eat?" she replied naughtily. My cheeks blushed, understanding what she means.

"Sheesh! I'm talking about food! You're so horny!" I said and slightly pushed her away. She just laughed at my cherry red face.

"Oh! I remembered, mom and Emily will visit today. I guess we should get ready"

"What!?" How can you forget something as important as that?!" I yelled at her and started to panic.

For one, the place is a mess. We've been too busy "enjoying" each others company for the past few days. To make it worse, I always do the cooking which means I have to cook for her mom and Emily!

"Calm down. Everything will be fine, they both love you" she assured me.

I sighed and thought that this will be a long day for me.

-----

I told Tori to clean up the cabin while I make a meal for us. Her mom and Emily will be here any moment now. I am not a really good cook. I only make meal for myself and most of the time Rey helps me. So, my go to recipe is of course my mom's thanksgiving turkey.

Cooking a turkey is never a quick thing so I am stressing too much, thinking our guests could arrive anytime and we don't have a single food to serve.

"How could you be so relaxed, while I'm juggling pots and pans here?" I asked Tori, trying to blame her for all the tension I have in me.

"You're thinking too much. You don't have to make a big deal out of it. It's just my mom and Emily" she replied.

"Uh, hello... I haven't really talked to your mom. Plus, you are here, away from them because of me. That's one hundred ten percent reason to be nervous"

*Knock* *Knock*

Someone knocked on the front door interrupting our conversation.

"You're adorable" she said and patted my head like a kid, before going to the door.

"Dorothy!!! I missed you!" I heard Emily shrieked, as soon as Tori opened the door. 

I walked towards them after setting up the table and Emily walked up to me.