seven

Senior Hamdaani was a strict man, with a kind heart but a disciplined hand. But looking at his father now , Rayyan could hardly see any traces of his disciplinarian Baba.

Guess impending grandparent hood does that to even the hardest of men.
Mubarak Hussain Hamdaani was smiling in glee.

His face would split if he smiled any bigger. And he had just heard that he was to be a Dadajaan. What would happen when he holds his grandchild for the first time?

His family had arrived last night. He had informed them of Duaa's pregnancy as soon as he had got her home. But his ailing grandfather was the reason they couldn't come right away. Also Duaa couldn't travel due to her weak health so they just had to wait for the correct time.

Alhamdulillah, Agha Jaan was all hale and hearty now, but still advised bed rest. Leaving him in the capable hands of Bashir, their age old trusted servant, they all rushed down here to meet Duaa and him as well, he consoled himself like that.

He was not complaining of the divided affection; more like when the greater flow went towards his wife and child. He was happy they were so loved already.

They are three brothers.
Him the eldest, Azaan the second one and Furqaan the baby of the house.

They had a family business of steel manufacturing, amongst other things. He handled that.

Azaan wanted to do something different and now his was a prominent name in the business fraternity. He was into mergers and acquisitions. 

Furqaan wanted to follow in his big brother's footsteps but also carve out a niche for himself. He ventured into building and construction using their raw material.

Their mother Jahaara Begum, had longed for a daughter, and now she got her wish in the form of his wife. His Duaa. How he loved her!
Her and their baby.

The clearing of a throat brought him back from his reverie.
They were all sitting in the lounge. Him and his brothers along with their father.

His mama was fussing over his wife and they were probably in the kitchen or her bedroom.

When asked about the two bedrooms, Duaa made up an excuse of not being allowed to take the steps and hence they accommodate the one on the lower level. The upper one still had their things and Rayyan uses it occasionally.

Believing that, his mother insisted on sharing the room with his wife so that she can take proper care of her daughter and grandchild. Her words not his. Also she wanted to advise Duaa on the various aspects of giving birth and post partum care.

They won't be travelling to their hometown for her delivery. His factory's setup was in crucial stages and he can't stay away from his little family.

Once again they resumed their conversation. He seems to drift off a lot these days.

His father and brothers all were of the same opinion. He should start investing in this baby and possibly more children's future.

His baba had already done his duty and presented him with papers of a land that he purchased for his grandchild.

His brothers presented him with bonds of shares in their companies. He was told to set up a trust fund or start a subsidiary business.

Tell you what, his children weren't even here and they were already so loved. Tears of gratitude filled his eyes and he fell down on his knees in front of his father.

Mubarak Hussain understood his dilemma and just caressed his hair. His son was grown up and about to welcome his first child.

He couldn't be prouder of his sons. They were good kids.