Chapter 21

Chapter 21

Derrick’s POV

I woke up by the sound of my alarm.  I sat up in bed and put my feet on the floor.  Putting my hands in my face to try to wake up but not succeeding.

I got up and made my way to the bathroom, trying to not go face first into a wall since my eyes had a hard time to stay open.

It was difficult getting to sleep the night before with all my excitement with Amanda saying “night” to me.  Such a little word but it made my whole world seem brighter some how.

Leaving the bathroom I walked in the kitchen and turned on the coffee.  Like everyday I made my way to the kitchen table to wait until it would be done.  There’s nothing like the smell of coffee in the air, the anticipation of its taste in your mouth, and the hope that it’s going to help wake you up, but doesn’t always work.

The hope was very strong for it to wake me up.

I grabbed a seat at the table and was about to rest my face in my hands when I noticed a light on in the living room.

To curious to not give a damn, I got up and walked over to the living room to check it out.  I tried to remember if I had turned off the lights the night before and I couldn’t remember.

As I approached the living room I saw blond hair, so I knew Angela was there.

‘Hey.’ I said when I could see her properly.

She looked lost in her thoughts so I walked over and sat with her at the end of the couch.

She was in her pj but so was I.  I guess she felt the movement when I sat down, she turned her head and our eyes made contact.

‘Hey.’ I said again.

‘Hi.’

‘What’s are you doing up?’ I asked her.

‘I couldn’t sleep.’

‘It’s still really early.  You got a few hours probably until Amanda wakes up.’ I said to her.

‘I won’t be able to fall asleep.’ She explained.

‘Were you able to sleep at all?’ I asked.

‘A little.’ She answered.

I nodded my head but she still didn’t explain.  I knew with the half way conversation, if anyone could even call it that, she didn’t want me to push so I didn’t know what to say to her.  So…I just sat there, not saying a word but it worked because she started to talk.