New job

Amelia's pov

Last night I could barely sleep. I don't want to meet him. But I can't escape him forever. I have to face him. I really wish I could avoid him.

If I knew who he is just maybe I wouldn't have been rude with him. At least I wouldn't have snapped at him. This is really going to be very difficult. But seriously only I could be this oblivious who don't know him. I now wish I should have kept with the gossip so I wouldn't have faced this situation.

I drove to my office and it came into my view It is buzzing with life as usual. People are rushing towards their work. Everything will be fine Amelia Don't worry !!!.

I started walking towards the elevator but as soon people saw me there was silence at first and then they start chattering. I can see the looks and stares I am getting. All the girls are glaring at me What is wrong with these people today, don't they have any work to do.

I reached my cabin. Now I have to face him. Oh god !! Please save me. Deep breathes Amelia deep breathes nothing will happen. Everything will be fine as usual. He is a human-like you. He won't eat you.

I started walking towards his office door. It feels like I am standing in front of the door that leads to hell. I should have submitted my resignation letter. It's not too late my inner voice said. I lifted my hand to knock on the door but decided against it. I turned back around and collided with something hard. Ouch !! I rubbed my head.

" What a way to greet Miss Wilson," a deep voice said.

My gaze met with very familiar piercing deep blues eyes ...? Noah Parker. My eyes widened in shock. I gulped hard. Why does this always happen to me? Starting from the day I have met him nothing has happened well all I am facing is bad luck !!!

" Running away again Miss Wilson," he said glaring. If he didn't glare now he will look handsome and with a small smile, he will look even more handsome. He can even beat the models with his looks. I have to admit he is hot and handsome. Now I fully understand why all the girls are after him. He is a living specimen. Amelia, you shouldn't be thinking about his looks right now, I taunted myself.

No sir I am not running away, I knocked a few times but you didn't answer so I was going back to my cabin I said to him.

" I hate liars Miss Wilson I was standing whole the time behind you and you didn't knock even once," he said in a taunted voice.

Busted !!! I am so dead now. I lowered my head and said sorry sir it won't happen again.

Let's go to my office now he said. It was like I was entering this office the first time. He motioned me to sit and himself got seated. I lowered my head and started staring at the floor like its the most interesting thing in the world.

Are you feeling well today his voice got my attention?

Yes, I am good today I said sheepishly. At he has some manners.

"I don't like to beat around the bush, So let's just get straight to the point, you will no longer work as an assistant to me," he said with an amused smirk.

What !!!! Did I hear correct, of course, Amelia my inner voice taunted me? I already know this will happen ....now I have to find a new job. It will take months to find a new job. Now how will I pay the rent of my apartment? Oh, God !!!! Please save me.

I will submit my resignation letter today I said to him in a gloomy voice.

" No need to give resignation because you will assist my secretary Luke," he said with a smirk.

What !!!! So you are not firing me ??? I said.

" Do you want to get fired Miss Wilson?" he said with a smirk.

No no sir I don't want to get fired I said immediately. I am thankful he didn't talk about the incidents. Thank god !! For saving me from him again.

" Now go and meet Luke he is in his cabin. He will guide you and get ready to work hard " he said with a smirk.

What does he mean by getting ready to work hard, I really work hard, my ex-boss was a very demanding person and made me work like a slave.

I met Luke he has grey eyes and black hair. He was really nice not like his boss well he is my boss also, But unfortunately, he is married. Why all the good guys are married ???
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Its Lunchtime and I am very hungry. I walked towards the cafeteria. Hey !! Suzy yelled at me. I greeted both of them.

' So how was your day ' Matt asked.

It was fine but now I will no longer assist the CEO, now I will assist his secretary Luke and he is really a very nice guy and we even exchanged numbers I told them.

'It's ok, At least you still have the job ' Suzy said.

Yeah !!! you are right I said.

" You know there is a rumour going on that you fainted intentionally in front of the new boss to get his attention," Suzy said with a frown.

What !!! How can they think like this? It was not intentionally, why would I do this !!! I said angrily. What happened to my calm life oh god !!!! That's why everyone was staring at me in the morning.

" Amelia Don't worry we believe you and these rumours will die soon," they said.

I hope so I said.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

I hope you guys liked this chapter

Please VOTE and COMMENT 💞💞💞💞