Chapter 30

The cab stopped in front of Saverino manor.The place which had looked like a real life palace was gated and he had to ring the bell and had a throughout security check before he could even enter. A security guard stopped him and asked him what his business was. He calmly told him he was needed to see Gianluca, he had had some business to do with him, which was not entirely a lie. The security guard looked carefully at him before dialing Gianluca, who at the moment was sitting in his home office doing some works.

"State your business" he mentioned his mother's name and nothing else. With the mention of the name, Gianluca froze and cleared his throat before ordering the security guard to let him in. The gate was opened and Matteo walked inside. He knocked on the front door and a middle aged woman which he assumed was one of the house staff (since she was wearing a rather plain maid's outfit) opened the door for him. At first she looked a bit bewildered by the stranger's presence, but he stated the purpose, she allowed him in and lead him into the living room. She asked him to wait on the sofa while Gianluca was out.

Matteo thanked her and the maid left. As he was observing the beautiful house, his heart was beating rapidly, he did not know why but he was nervous to meet his biological father. Yes, he had never known the man in his whole life before, but still, he was his father, and without him, he wouldn't even born in the first place. When he heard footsteps coming from the stairs behind him his heart raced even faster. He could feel the old man's presence in the room. He stood up from his seat and turned to see him. Their eyes met for the first time, and there was a little bit of surprise in Gianluca's face when he saw the young man looked strikingly similar to his younger self.

He went to shake Matteo's hand and offered him to take a seat. Gianluca did not know what to expect, he was just as nervous as Matteo, but as the older one between the two, he tried to maintain a calm manner and gently asked him what his business way. Matteo knew it would be to pointless to explain, so he pulled out the letter from his bag and handed it over to Gianluca, who cautiously took it and read the whole thing.

His eyes went wide open when he reached the middle part. His mind suddenly recalled everything that happened almost thirty years ago.

When he was just started his journey on becoming a young and successful businessman, he was also newly engaged with his current wife Chiara Consiglio, who he had known through family relations. Around the same time, there was a new maid in his household who was assigned close to him. At first he had not paid too much attention to the maid, but one night when he was extremely tired, he stumbled across her when she was already out of her plain maid outfit and immediately found her to be attractive. She was not the most beautiful woman on the planet, in fact most people would agree that Chiara was far more beautiful than the maid, but she possessed that natural country side beauty which captured his attention. She was a refreshing contrast in comparison to Chiara and she had this innocent, naïve like façade around her which roused the beast inside young Gianluca.

Since Chiara and him were not living together (although she did visit him quite frequently). He had plenty of time to enjoy her company. The Sicilian rose became one of his favorite person to be around with. She never asked for much, but he willingly bought her plenty of gifts and showered her with material and physical affection she had never dreamt of before. It was easy for someone like her to fall for his charm, and he knew that much.

It was his plan since the beginning. He wanted to deflower the rose. To be her first and when he found out she was still a virgin, his desire to be with her became much stronger. He could not forget the night when they had sex for the first time. He had invited her to his room, and he was purposely naked that night. She was blushing at the sight of his young body, unable to divert her attention, he captured her right away. She too, was willing, for she had been swept of her feet by the charm of a young multi-millionaire. Both of them were careless, and after spending so many nights together. Something unexpected happened.