are those blue pancakes?

❝ CAUSE THIS IS MY LEGACY.
IT'S NOT UP TO ME.
WE CAN ONLY SEE,
THIS IS MY LEGACY.❞

It had been weeks since Kara had joined the Avengers. The daughter of Poseidon had made only small talk with them, spending most of her time at the training room or the archery range. Clint was really delighted that there was at least someone who was good at archery and could trade tips with her or have friendly competitions with.

Most of the Avengers all sat on the stools across the kitchen, watching the daughter of Poseidon, who shuffled around the kitchen, mixing and pouring items, and within a few minutes sizzling sounds were emitting from the pan.

Kara was a mystery wrapped in shadows, covered up with rebelliousness to Tony. One second, she was all sarcastic and witty, and the next, she's all dark and cold towards everyone.

He walked in and saw that all the Avengers except Thor, who was probably still sleeping, were drooling over the freshly made pancakes, which were blue for some odd reason.

The billionaire reached his hand out, trying to sneakily take one, but received a harsh smack with the spatula, making him yell out in surprise. He looked towards the Avengers and saw that almost everyone except Steve and Wanda, who were happily munching on one of their pancakes, had a matching red mark from also being hit with the spatula.

"How did capsicle and the witch get one but no one else?" Tony complained while the said two just smiled and kept eating.

"They asked," Kara grunted simply, making both Steve and Wanda chuckle at the look on Tony's face while the rest of the Avengers sent angry death threats with their eyes in her direction.

When Kara finished cooking the pancake, she slid the full plates across the counter to everyone, who were eagerly waiting while Clint caught sight of black marks on her left arm below her rolled up sleeves.

It had the initials SPQR with a trident, fire and helm symbol and a couple black lines underneath it engraved on her skin.

"What's the tattoo about?" Clint asked Kara as everyone's attention landed on her arm.

"Family tradition," she replied simply, rolling her sleeves down to cover up the roman mark while Tony narrowed his eyes.

It looked more like a brand that was burnt in her skin to Tony than a tattoo but the billionaire remained quiet, not wanting to have his pancakes taken from him, which he wouldn't admit tasted very delicious.

"Harsh tradition," Steve commented quietly before continuing to eat.

"May I ask why all these pancakes are blue, not that I'm complaining or anything?" Wanda asked.

"It's an inside joke," Kara replied simply, a small smile tugging at her lips at the fond memory, while Wanda nodded, not pushing her.

"Good morning, my fellow friends," Thor announced, walking into the kitchen. 

The god of thunder's eyes landing on a spare full plate of blue pancakes, making his mouth water.

"Are those the legendary blue pancakes I've heard about so much?" He asked Kara, who let out a chuckle at his question before nodding, sliding the plate to him as he happily started munching on them.

Kara was surprisingly the first one to finish out of them all, tossing her dishes in the sink before leaving the room without another word, not giving anyone the chance to question her more about the tattoo on her arm and the blue colour of the pancakes.