Chapter Thirty-Two

Song: MzVee – Sheriff

*Unedited* (This chapter is too early)

Things definitely didn't go the way I expected them to. I had the whole thing played out in my mind. Kofi kisses me, Michael is shocked, he stands there with his mouth open and starts hating me again. He'll call me a cheat and storm out of the house with fury, then we'll never see each other again.

But was I in for a surprise! See, I can only explain this whole thing as happening in slow motion. So, Michael opened the door and then Kofi starts adjusting my head to accommodate his intrusive kiss, but by then, Michael already had the door open all the way and that was when the shock registered.

See, this time, Michael didn't let the shock paralyse him. As Kofi began to lower his head – which thankfully took a bit longer than it should've due to my height – Michael rushed forward, which was quite comical in slow motion.

Kofi was very close, maybe just a millisecond left for our lips to touch before Michael grabbed him by the shoulders, turned him around, and delivered a powerful punch to his left cheek. Seeing someone punched in slow motion was the most hilarious thing ever.

Back to normal speed, Kofi was on the ground as the power of the punch was too much for him to stay on his feet. Michael grabbed me and hugged me like he was afraid I would vanish into thin air.

At the time, all I was thinking about was how awesome the whole thing was. I don't think I registered the fact that Kofi tried to kiss me. I looked up at Michael, laughing. He didn't laugh back as his whole face was filled with worry and concern for me.

"Are you okay?" He asked, cupping my face.

"That was awesome!" I told him excitedly. "I wish you could do it again, honestly."

Then, he smiled, albeit reluctantly. "I saw him trying to kiss you and I couldn't think of anything else than killing the bastard."

We heard a rustling sound behind us. Kofi was sitting up, with his back to the wall as he rubbed his sore jaw. "Prince, I think you've overstayed your welcome."

For some reason, that made me laugh again. That was his reaction to having the stupidity punched out of him?

"What's funny?" He asked me annoyedly.

The question made me laugh even harder. This time, even Michael looked at me weirdly. "What's funny? You... you tried to kiss me! And my boyfriend punched you!"

"Boyfriend?" Michael asked with a small smile.

I stilled, realising the word that had involuntarily escaped my lips, but before I could reply, Kofi made it to his feet.

"I guess our plan isn't going to work then," Kofi said, looking at me.

"What plan?" Michael asked, pushing me away slightly so that he could look at me properly.

I frowned at Kofi for putting me in this spot. "He wants you gone," I pointed at Kofi. "so he wanted me to lie to you that I was in love with him."

Michael chuckled. "Like I would fall for that."

"I know right!"

"Which is why I made a counter plan," Kofi explained. "I had hoped you'd accuse her of cheating again and leave."

"Again?" Michael turned to me. "You told him?"

I felt my face heat up in embarrassment. "Yeah."

"Why?"

"It was when we found out about Justus, I don't know, I think it just slipped."

"When you found out about Justus?" He asked.