But, we were-

Shuichi POV:

I walked down the hallway towards the dining hall in my new uniform. It was surprisingly quiet, I thought there would at least be one person here. I finally reached the dining hall and pushed open the double doors to see Tsumugi sat alone at the table.

She turned to me, "Hello Shuichi. You sure took your time." She said whilst getting up.

"I don't think I took that long." I snickered.

"Well, anyway. You know that you need to keep the whole game thing a secret right? Need to keep things interesting." She said winking at me.

"Yep." I simply replied.

"You can talk to others about yourself but keep the game out of it." She warned sternly. "Other than that you can knock yourself out."

"Alright. Can I go now? I have someone I need to talk to." I asked, bored.

"I suppose. But I swear-"

"Yeah yeah, don't talk about the game or I'll get punished. I get it." I walked out of the room, waving to Tsumugi and ignoring her parting words.

I had more important things to do.

Kokichi POV:

I was sat in my room, dangling my head off the side of the bed. I stared at the door, secretly waiting for someone to burst through the door ready and willing to kill me. But that didn't happen. Instead I heard a loud knocking from the door. 'Do they not realise we have doorbells?' I thought as I staggered to answer it.

"Hello?" I said confidently once the door was open, hands behind my head.

"Hiya Kokichi!" Shuichi replied just as confidently, if not more. They weren't kidding about personality change. I don't think he's been this confident outside of a trial ever. A moment of silence passed before I decided to break it.

"Would you like to come in Shumai?" I said in a flirty tone. He barely even reacted. He would usually start deeply blushing and stuttering. They really did change him.

"Sure!" He spoke excitedly, stepping past me and sitting on my bed. I closed the door and walked beside him, flopping onto my bed.

"Soooo," I spoke, rolling over onto my back, "what do you want to talk about?" He thought for a moment. He looked worried, like he was about to ask me an important question. He looked like his normal self, looking incredibly worried and blushing. "You alright there, Shuichi?" I asked, resting my weight on my elbows.

He seemed to snap out of his trance and looked me in the eyes. At least they hadn't changed. "Oh yeah. I'm fine." He mumbled slowly. I sat up and held his arm.

"Does Shumai have something to tell me?" I teased. He again didn't react, like he was used to it.

"Sort of." He was still speaking rather quietly. "I more have something to ask you."

"Well then, shoot."

"Well. Do you remember everything from before the game? Like anything important?" He looked away from me, seeming embarrassed.

"Well I remember my organisation and-" he cut me off.

"No! I mean do you remember... Anything about me?" He looked me dead in the eyes, he sounded serious.

"Um no. Why would I? I didn't know you before the killing game. Has Shumai gone insane?" I said with my hands behind my head.

"No! I-" he blurted out, grabbing my shoulders tight. This really wasn't like him. There was definitely something wrong. And not just the personality change. "Don't you remember us? From before?! You have to remember! You were the only thing I had! Please Kokichi! You can't of forgotten me!" He gripped my shoulders even tighter, to the point where it hurt. He looked so worried, sad and distressed at the same time.