21 • နှစ်ဆယ်တစ်

———•••#•••———

———•••#•••———

Ronnie ; 런니

The dinner ended smoothly.

Taehyung and I, we laughed and talked about the silliest things. We were so deep into our bubble that when his phone rang, we got so surprised by the time. A text message from their eldest reminding him that they still had practice, broke the warm bubble we were in.

"Ronnie, how can you forget it's already the start of winter? Why hadn't you brought your coat?" Tae whined from my side as I uncontrollably trembled, holding my hands close to warm myself. "It was warm in your car! I didn't see the need to bring one." I shot back.

"C'mon then, I can't risk you getting sick." He briskly held on to my hand, putting it inside his pocket while guiding me to his now parked car in the entrance, retrieving the keys from the valet.

———•••#•••———

My brows scrunched together when I hear a heavy sigh come out of Taehyung. I tore my eyes from my side of the window to raise my brows at him. "Why? What's the matter?" He didn't answer at first but when we stopped at a red light, he glanced briefly to my direction, his free hand playing with his lower lip, obviously hiding the prominent frown from my eyes.

Oh, I know that look. He doesn't want to end this night yet. I felt the emotion from him back when he read the text from his phone. I saw how his smile disappeared and his shoulders slumping. Even now when we were on our way back to my apartment, I could feel this deep longing from him, it was mixed with frustration. I'm not even sure if he's aware that I can feel him right now but I just can't end this night with him upset. We still have a little bit of time. Maybe I can do something about it before we part ways. "Hey, Tae... Can we stop at the nearest starbucks?" The sudden question from me had him shifting his gaze to my direction before setting it on the road again. "I'm craving coffee." I explained to him.

"Yeah, sure." I bit back a grin when he immediately accepted my offer. "I think there's one five minutes away from here." I hummed in delight when he reached for my hand again. Putting it securely on his lap after pressing a light kiss on my knuckles.

"Here, wear this." I muttered, handing over a mask from his glove compartment.

"We could've gone inside if only we weren't wearing anything eye catching." I pouted, doing a once over at our fancy attire. "We'll be seen even from miles away." Muttering to myself with a frown.

I screamed so loud when the car made a sudden halt, I could have had a major injury if not for my seatbelt. The car continued changing directions from the drive through to the parking space. Crap. I might have given him an idea. "Tae! What are you doing?!" My eyes widened at his smile. "We can get recognized! You, can get recognized!" This is a bad. I can already feel it in my bones. Why is he suddenly acting so reckless?

"No we won't, Ronnie. There's barely even people inside except for the staff! Come on!" My eyes widened further when Tae confidently got out of the car. He adjusted his mask to hide majority of his face better before looking back at me, expecting with his brows raised.

I muttered a string of curse words before finally getting out and walking towards him. "I'll order for us. You stay at the very corner and keep your head low." I said with clenched teeth as to which he only dismissed with a laugh. "Okay, okay." I felt my brow twitch when I hear his carefree response.

My heart started pounding increasingly fast when we stepped inside. I squeezed Tae's hand to make sure he doesn't make eye contact with anyone. We continued walking, though I felt the eyes of the cashier on our backs I still pulled Tae to the farthest table. The booth was somehow enclosed with wooden designs, hiding us from prying eyes. "So, what do you want to have?" I asked after catching the breath I was unconsciously holding. My lungs were burning.

"Hot choco."

I nodded and stood up, after straightening the non existent creases on my skirt. I made a beeline to the female attendant who was already looking at my direction. I gulped. Pulling my mask down, I gave her my business smile. "Two hot chocolate please." My hands started to sweat coldly when it took her a few seconds before moving, her eyes were scanning my face, trying to figure out who I was. "Your names please." I sucked in a breath. Shoot. I was not expecting that.

She must have caught onto my inner turmoil because a smug smile appeared on her thin lips. "Hansung and Ahro." I answered calmly, doing a small victory dance inside my head when she frowned.

"Oh."

"We'll just call you when your order's ready, Ahro-ssi." That was my cue to leave. I beamed widely at her before placing a ₩20,000 bill in her hand. She must have assumed I was another ulzzang that loved wearing over-the-top clothes for pretty photos. "Keep the change." I held back a laugh when she only responded with a nod. Well, I can't blame the attitude. Getting stuck at a shitty night shift must have been so boring that their only source of entertainment was their customers.

"What happened?" Tae perked up after seeing my shoulders shake from suppressed laughter. "I somehow got them to think we're ulzzangs, Tae."

"......Wah. I mean we do pass the visuals." He added, making me laugh. "Promise me we won't do anything reckless like this again, okay? I wasn't ready! I nearly had a heart attack when they eyed us like high quality meat." I nagged.

My brows furrowed when I didn't get a reply. Taehyung, when I looked at him, had his hands together, wringing it like he was anxious, scared even.

"But if ever you get tired of hiding us..... you tell me immediately. Okay, Ronnie?" Taehyung suddenly looked serious. His already low voice went an octave lower. He held my gaze with his piercing eyes that I could only nod my head. "Don't ever think that I'm ashamed of us because if only I had the chance, Ronnie.... I swear, I'll shout it to the world." He emphasized his words by  slightly pulling his mask down. Motioning that he didn't have a choice on this.

"We'll tell the company as soon as the news with Namjoon hyung and Eunae noona dies down." He proclaimed with a promise. "By then, we can go to whatever place we want." I bit my lip at the surge of emotions I felt. It was euphoric. It's like drinking warm milk after a cold exhausting day. I just know he meant all of his words.

"I'm very patient, Tae...... I can wait some more." I answered with a smile.

Nothing can ruin the happiness I felt this day.

———•••#•••———

I'm particularly not impressed with this chapter. It feels mehhh 🧍🏻‍♀️

Anyway, valentines is just around the corner. Let all of us single pringles unite and give each other love.

Ooof, actually no, I'm sorry. It was supposed to be *Taehyun and Hobi's birthdays are nearing.