Chapter 26: Eli

A/N: 13.07.20

Accidentally Bent part II has just been completed on Patreon, so if you want to read ahead, you can find the link at the bottom of my Wattpad bio :)

Part III will soon be released ♡

⤵️⤵️⤵️

*Eli's pov*

“Please, who do you think I am?"

"I have a couple of answers but none that you would like."

I narrowed my eyes and playfully slapped his arms, secretly liking how strong they felt.

"I broke up with him,” I reassured him and Thomas seemed to relax a little. 

“Oh.”

“So will you go with me or not?”

“Did your dad really tell me to go with you?” 

I nodded, watching Thomas run a hand through his messy hair before letting out a small sigh. “Alright, fine. As long as I still get paid.”

I bit my lower lip, trying hard not to smile. I let Thomas shower in my room and gave him a new pair of clothes so that people at the boutiques wouldn’t stare at us. I couldn’t walk around expensive stores with someone who looked like a hobo. I asked my chauffeur to drive us to my usual favorite shopping spots. Thomas put on his seat belt, looking uncomfortable. 

“Nice car,” he mumbled under his breath. I shrugged, secretly finding it kind of cute how easily Thomas was impressed.

“It’s not my favorite, we have prettier ones in the garage.”

“Ha.”

As we drove down the road, the car filled with silence. I nervously fiddled with my hands, wondering why I was so anxious and why I couldn’t find anything to say. Normally we’d start arguing and even when we didn’t, it never felt awkward. But right now, I couldn’t even look at him. 

It was almost as if we were on a date. 

“Hey, Eli?” Thomas said, breaking the silence. I flinched, my nose glued to the window. 

Darn it, why was I so nervous?

I felt Thomas’s fingers brush over mine and quickly jerked away, snapping my head towards him. 

“What are you doing?” I demanded. He gave me a lazy shrug. 

“You wouldn’t look at me. I needed to get your attention,” he said. “You were so quiet, I thought you were crying or something.” 

I crossed my arms over my chest so he couldn’t touch my hand. 

"I was not crying. I was thinking."

"About me?" He asked with half a smile.

"Absolutely not."

His half smile turned into a full fledged grin. "Liar. Do you like me that much?"

"I don't want to talk to you right now," I huffed.

“You know,” he said, tilting his head and giving me that wonderful smile of his. My heart started racing in my chest when I looked into his deep, green eyes. “I told my sister."

"What did you tell her?"

“That I like a boy,” he went on casually. My eyes shot wide open. 

“Why would you do that?!”

“You told me that you didn’t want to be anyone’s secret.”

My lips parted in shock. I didn’t know if I was surprised by the fact that Thomas told her sister or the fact that she was so accepting of it. I felt happy and jealous at the same time.

“And now that I know that Steven’s out of the picture, it means that I don’t have to hold back.”

I gulped, inching closer towards the window. 

“I’ll eventually tell Jayden and Rhys too, everyone who’s close to me will know,” Thomas continued. “Is that enough for you to believe me when I say that I’m serious about you?”

I felt my face turn red and I quickly glanced at my driver who could hear our conversation. Thomas followed my gaze and noticed. 

“He’s not allowed to know?” he whispered, low enough for me to hear. I shook my head. I didn’t want him to report the conversation to daddy. 

“Alright.” Thomas’s voice went back to normal. “Then let’s play our game.”

My heart jumped at ‘our’. 

“What game?” I asked, digging my nails into my palm. Maybe I shouldn’t have asked Thomas to come along with me, I didn’t expect him to say any of this. Then again, filthy rat was so unpredictable and daring, you never knew what he’d do or say next. But I guess that's also what I liked about him.

My body stiffened. Did I just say that I liked Thomas?

Me? Eli Golden? Liking Thomas Klence? Filthy Rat?

“The one that we played on the phone last week.”

“I don’t know what you're talking about."

“I’ll start,” he said. “I’m straight. Your turn.”

Our game seemed to consist of saying obvious lies to avoid saying the truth aloud. It was easier for us this way to say things we normally wouldn't admit.

I sunk into my seat but I knew that our driver wouldn’t be able to decode our lying game. 

“I think you smell bad,” I murmured quietly. “Your turn.”

I leaned my elbow against the window, staring outside so he wouldn’t have to see my face. My heart raced inside my chest, happy, excited, and scared. 

“You’re ugly. Your turn,” he said. 

I could tell that the driver was judging us through the rear window, probably wondering what in the world we were doing. 

“I didn’t know that," I said. “Your turn.”

Thomas laughed. “I don’t think about you every day,” he said in his soft, melodic voice. I pressed my lips together. It was kind of fun knowing that we were having a secret conversation together. 

“You make me sad," I said before quickly adding, "Sometimes."

“I dislike you."

I took in a sharp breath.

“I-” I stuttered and mentally scolded myself for being so nervous. I turned towards Thomas, my face probably bright red. “I dislike you, too. Maybe. Kind of.”

The smile on Thomas’s face widened and stretched to his beautiful green eyes. I felt like I was hyperventilating.

“I dislike you even more," he murmured.

Our driver cleared his voice, probably thinking that we were having an argument. Thomas and I looked at each other before breaking into laughter and I was so happy that I brought him along. 

⤵️⤵️⤵️

Please don't forget to leave a vote 🍑🌻

Q/A: Following the theme of "lying", what's the last lie you've told? Or the biggest lie one?