Chapter 27: Eli

A/N: 13.07.20

Expect a bunch of updates of AB within the next few minutes 🥰

READERS DISCRETION: LOTS OF FLUFF IN THIS CHAPTER!

You have been warned.

⤵️⤵️⤵️

“I’ll try this one,” I said to no one in particular, grabbing another pretty suit. “Oh, and this one too.”

This time, I picked up a beige cashmere sweater, the soft fabric immediately putting a smile on my face. 

I glanced towards Thomas who was sitting on a chair, his legs sprawled out while he yawned. I narrowed my eyes. 

He can at least try and act interested.

But Thomas looked like he was seconds away from slipping off his chair and falling asleep on the floor. The people who worked in the Gucci store gave him weird stares, and I started to get embarrassed. I rushed towards him, kicking his foot so that he’d sit up. His lazy lids opened. 

“Oh, hi,” he mumbled. “You done yet?”

“No, I’m not done,” I hissed under my breath. “Can you sit up properly and at least pretend like you’re rich?”

“I’m from the average class,” he snorted. “Below average actually.”

“You’re drawing too much attention.”

“Thank you.”

“Thomas-”

“I’m going to need to hear the magic word.’

I crossed my arms over my chest and glared at him. “Please, Thomas, can you sit up and not act like a filthy rat?”

“I might if you kiss me.”

“I’m not kidding.”

“And you think I am?”

I narrowed my eyes. “I’ll buy you something instead.” 

“If you buy me a 1000 dollar sweater, there’s a high chance that you’ll find it on eBay.”

“Fine then, I’ll kiss you,” I huffed, putting my palm against my lips and then slapping my hand against Thomas’s cheek. “There, your kiss. Now get up and act like you actually want to be here.”

I stormed away and tried to focus on the pretty clothes. When I glanced towards Thomas, he was on his feet, walking around the store. He pretended to take interest in the clothes but I could tell that he was more interested in the hangers than the actual clothes. 

At least he was trying. 

I went back to the lady who was telling me about the recent Paris fashion show and how Bella Hadid just set a new trend. She also told me how many celebrities were wearing matching sweaters and sweatpants were the new thing. My eyes discreetly drifted towards Thomas and my brows furrowed. 

One of the shop workers (a pretty brunette with nude lip gloss) was talking to Thomas with a bright smile. It wasn’t the usual polite smile they were trained to do, but a happy one. Thomas said something and she laughed, fluttering her lashes. She handed him a pen and piece of paper and he started scribbling something done. 

I glared at her. How could she find Filthy Rat attractive? It was obvious by the way she was looking at Thomas that she didn’t approach him just to advertise the items in the shop and it would surprise me if they were actually talking about fashion and clothes considering Thomas’ disinterest in the ladder.