Chapter 10: Engagement!?

A/N: I'm back with another chapter! I'm trying my best to upload often and not procrastinate. Anyways I hope you enjoy this chapter and stay safe out there by using protection! 

✿✿✿✿

It has been a week since Ivor and his goons tried to fight me. In the span of a week their families business has been decreasing until they apologized to me, well according to Luca and Knox. I have been researching about the heroine's father and his family, what I found was indeed shocking and interesting. I never thought that he would be planning to overthrow the royal family and be part of human trafficking, although there were more immoral things he did.

The Baron sure has a lot of mistresses and illegitimate children's. I wonder what would happen if I also expose this to the nobles and the public, pfft no way I can't dirty my hands if I want to live a relaxing life. The Baroness also seems to have boy toys around her too, I wonder if any of the children is not from the Baron? 

 I thought about giving this information away to the royal family but I guess I'll keep this secret until it comes to use, besides the heroine's father hasn't found her out yet. Looking through the stack of documents about her family is a pain in the ass especially since it seems like they are a typical evil family in novels. 

Hold up I forgot that the heroine said that she transmigrated and now that I think about it I wonder why she didn't go running to the Baron for child support. She's smart for not going but why is she not smart when it comes to scheming. Thinking about the heroine I also need to search about her mother's background. 

These piles of documents are probably going to double by the end of the day meaning no sleep for me today. Ahhhh that damn cat God I really wanna curse him, couldn't he send a person who actually is motivated!? How I got all these information was easy when I have connections and money to bribe people. The royal family never thought about doing background checks on nobles every year or two. 

"Young Miss, may I come in?" Millie knocked. 

"Enter," I answered.

"I brought you some tea and cake," she smiled. 

Thank you Millie," I looked up from the document and smiled. 

"Your father and mother asked you to meet them in the garden in about an hour," Millie informed. 

"What for?" I asked. 

"They didn't say specifically anything," Millie answered. 

"Alright, I guess I should go get ready then," I sighed and ate the cake in front of me.  

----

It took at least 30 minutes just for Millie to help get me ready, it was tiring being a noble's daughter. I walked out to the garden with Millie behind me and saw Mother and Father. I waved for Millie to go and walked towards them.

"Good afternoon, Mother and Father," I greeted. 

"Iris, you're here," Father said. 

Mother smiled and patted to the seat next to her. I walked to the seat and sat down. 

"Was there something important that you guys needed from me?" I asked. 

They looked at each other and back at me. 

"Yes and no?" Mother kind of answered my question. 

"Which one?" I laughed. 

"Yes," Father said. 

"What is it?" I questioned. 

"So...IristheEmperorsentalettertoustoinformusthatnextmonthyouandtheCrownPrincewillbegettingengaged," Mother rushed. 

"Huh? Please talk slower Mother," I said. 

"What she's saying is the Emperor sent a letter to us to inform us that next month you and the Crown Prince will be getting engaged," Father explained for me. 

"Oh okay," I sipped the tea. 

"Wait what!?" I spitted out the tea.

Me getting engaged!? And not just to anyone but the Crown fucking Prince. Oh kamisama please just let me pass away now. I don't even know how the Crown Prince looks like, not that his appearance will change my opinion. I feel a headache coming soon and my instinct is telling me something dramatic is going to happen. 

"Why did the Emperor give this edict?" I asked after wiping my mouth. 

"We're not really sure too," Father answered. 

"Ahhh I'm not ready to let you go," Mother sobbed. 

I was about to say that I was just getting engaged but Luca and Knox came. 

"Good afternoon Mother, Father, and Iris," Knox and Luca greeted. 

Luca sat down me and Knox sat down by Father. 

"So what were you guys talking about?" Luca muffled as he was stuffing his face. 

"Nothing much," Father avoided. 

"Iris is getting engaged," Mother spilled the beans. 

"Pfff."

I looked across and saw Knox having tea all over him and to my side Luca coughing. 

"Are you guys ok-" I was about to ask. 

"Engagement!? To who!?" Luca shot up from his seat. 

"The Crown Prince," Father answered calmly. 

"You must be kidding me! That emotionless dude!?" Luca shouted. 

"Calm down Luca, there's nothing we can do it's the Emperor's edict," Father sighed. 

Luca tched and sat back down (╬ಠ益ಠ). 

"What is that idiot doing?" Knox mumbled to himself. 

We talked and talked until dinner came and we went inside to eat and after dinner we all went our separate ways. Mother and Father went into their baby-making room and Luca went to Knox's room leaving me to go back to my room. Millie followed behind me and being the person I am I tried to start a conversation. 

When I got to my room I took a bath to try to sort out my thoughts. It took a long time for me to just sort out my thoughts so I got out and Millie helped put my night gown on. I told her that I was going to sleep but I can't seem too especially with my mind being filled with this engagement stuff. I rather be engaged to A even though he might not be a noble and I'll face discrimination. Ahhhh I can't sleep I need a breath of fresh air, I got up and went to the balcony. 

 ✿✿✿✿

A/N: I hope you enjoyed this chapter, I couldn't really think of anything but this is what I came up with. Anyways I appreciate you for reading ❤⃛ヾ(๑❛ ▿ ◠๑ ).