9: What if Sunny Became the Next SandWing Queen?

Sunny's P.O.V.

I was the new SandWing queen. Burn died of the dragonbite viper and Blister died trying to take the Eye of Onyx from me. Blaze, however, lived and gave up on trying to become queen. I could remember it all.

Flashback

I had the Eye of Onyx cradled in my talons. Then Tsunami said,"Sunny! You could be the next SandWing queen!" I thought about it. I would see my friends less, but I always wanted to end the war and to restore peace. As queen, I would do that. I nodded.

Blister screeched,"HER?! NO!!! I'M THE SMART ONE! I'M THE ONE WHO GOT OUT OF FIGHTING BURN BY TURNING OUR FIGHT INTO A WAR! IT IS I WHO SHOULD BE QUEEN!! NOT SOME DEFORMED HYBRID!!" Thorn spoke up, her voice cold,"How dare you talk to my daughter that way?! She is the rightful queen!" Blister ran up and grabbed the Eye from my talons. One minute she was there, the next there was a scream and she was gone.

Everyone just stood there for a while in shock. Then Blaze piled up,"You know what? I don't think I want to be queen anymore." Thorn announced,"Here is your new queen! All hail Queen Sunny!" I could hear cheers and crying. It was over. The war was over and I was the new queen.

End of Flashback

I now stand in Burn's stronghold, no my palace. The others had come to visit and congratulate me. We are just now beginning to recover from the damage this war has caused. The SandWings accepted me as queen with no hesitation. They were probably just glad that the war was over.

Lives were lost just to determine who would sit on this throne. And now I am the one on the throne. As queen of the SandWings, it is my duty to lead my tribe. I will try to maintain peace and always do what is best for my tribe. That I can promise you.

~*~

Thank you @cdani21 for this suggestion, I will take more. Yeah, nothing else. Bye.