• Chapter Twenty Five •

It has been three days since we returned from the coast and since then I have been wondering around my house bored to death. I have seen Archer and my other friends once since then.

I will be receiving my final report in two days time and our graduation ceremony is three days away. It is becoming more and more real that I'm almost finished with high school. High school is all I've known for the last few years and it's going to be weird not going there anymore.

So today, after wondering the house aimlessly and looking in the fridge thirty times, I decided that I had nothing better to do there than to watch a movie.

I Prepared a bag of butter flavoured microwave popcorn, poured myself a glass of water and went to my room. I placed my snack on the bedside table and grabbed my laptop from off my desk. I snuggled my way under my blankets, scrolled through the movies that I had downloaded onto my laptop and pressed play.

When I was just over half way through the movie I received a message on my phone. The loud notification brought me out of my hypnotised state and I reached over to see who it was.

Archie: Hey, Blondie. We doing something tonight?

Me: What you have in mind?

Archie: I'm thinking that we wing it.

Me: Sounds fun.

Archie: See you at five.

Me: 😘

It was only Four, so I had time to finish my movie and get ready.

**

After sobbing my eyes out into my sweater sleeves, because of the stupid romcom ending, I closed my laptop and placed it on my desk.

The doorbell rang downstairs.

I ran down to open the door, expecting to see Archer waiting at the door.

"Archer I'm not ready-" I started as I opened the door, but was met by Martin instead.

"Hey." He said awkwardly.

"Hey. What're you doing here?" I asked confused.

"I needed to talk to you." He said. "Are you okay?" He asked gesturing to my eyes.

"I was watching a romcom, but it was more sad than anything else." I said laughing it off.

"Okay." He said with a nervous laugh as well.

"So... what's up?" I asked, folding my arms over my chest to warm myself up.

"Um, okay. So, I know that I haven't been very subtle about my feelings for you and I guess you know how I feel, because of Caitlyn's question during truth or dare." He began, looking at me nervously.

Crap.

"Um, yeh..." I said looking at the floor. "I-"

"Wait, just listen... please."

I nodded, allowing him to continue.

"I know that you're with Archer and you guys are good together, but I just needed to make sure that you knew how I felt. I don't want to regret never getting it off of my chest."

"I understand what you're saying and I'm really flattered, but like you said 'I'm with Archer'. I love him and that's not going to change."

"I just have to try." He said.

And with that he had taken an advanced step forward toward me and planted his lips on mine.

I was in utter shock. My brain was in disbelief. How could he just kiss me like that, I have a boyfriend and he's a freaking boxer.